They're here!! Eggs from Heidi and Cree Farms!

Illia

Crazy for Colors
10 Years
Oct 19, 2009
Forks, WA
So I got myself 15 blue/black/splash Ameraucana eggs from Heidi, 15 Wheaten Marans, and 11 Black Copper Marans from Cree Farms.
wee.gif
love.gif

The Marans eggs are actually darker in real life - And soo much more beautiful. I'd certainly like to thank Heidi and Lisa Cree!!
celebrate.gif

These are Heidi's Ameraucana eggs - Very beautiful, and a nice minty-green hinted blue.

4391753982_88a6ec6395_o.jpg

These are the Wheaten Marans eggs, whom are pure Bev Davis lines. They're from pullets and a little darker than the BC eggs because of that.

4390985371_b7023d23d1_o.jpg

These are the Black Coppers, from pure Bev Davis hens. They're very big, and very beautiful!

4390985467_49af83cd7a_o.jpg

These are the Black Coppers and Ameraucanas mixed up for a quick photoshoot.

4391753860_86162c6d92_o.jpg

I just hope plenty make it! I drove out for 3-4 hours to pick up the Marans eggs, and 3-4 hours back to get them safely home.
smile.png
They're now in the incubator. I'll be posting updates, as I certainly hope they'll do better than my last hatch. . . Oh, and two Ameraucana and two Wheatie eggs are left out, and going to be a part of a staggered hatch. (Incubator is really full right now)

Wish me luck!!
lol.png
fl.gif

Last edited:
Great photos! Thank you for sharing with the flock. I googled Forks and see that you live next to the Olympics. Sure it beautiful country up there.

Yeah, Twilight town.
sad.png
Well anyway, I'm also starting with a staggered hatch possibly tonight. Got some BrahmaxEE eggs, New Hampshire Eggs, and the last two Wheaten Marans and Ameraucana eggs.

I just hope I won't go through too much "Marans hatching trouble" that many people seem to have out here.

The Maran eggs look gorgeous. O_O

I originally wanted just my fun looking chickens and wyandottes, but the egg pictures are encouraging me to get some marans and EE...
hide.gif

Back
Top Bottom