They're mutts but they're MY mutts and I like them

olds cool

In the Brooder
8 Years
Feb 15, 2011
Leesburg Alabama
I thought I would try to learn uploading. These came today. Blacks are Australorps the reds are Speckled Sussex. They are hatchery stock but they will provide us with eggs and fun.

80009_100_7419.jpg

80009_100_7421.jpg

Awww cute! I had 2 SS and I own 3 BAs all from mcmurray. My SS where the friendliest birds! Those BAs will lay some huge eggs! At least mine do. Have fun!

Not a dang thing wrong with hatchery birds to provide a nice, productive backyard flock.

Enjoy your chicks.
smile.png

Kat - so tired of breeder snobs.
roll.png

Those are the cutest little chicks, enjoy. I was specific when I ordered my chicks but both my dogs and all my cats,( except the one I found at the side of the road) come from the pound, mutts, all of them and I couldn't love them more if they were expensive purebreds. Sit back and let the love flow.
love.gif

They are adorable. My BA used to lay a few triple yolkers when she was young. My SS banty was my one of my favorite little hens. I can't wait to get mutts,, but I mean real mutts, when my rooster and my hens do their own thing. I am ordering a new rooster this year. As much as my banty thinks he is getting my EE hens, he's not (don't tell him, lol). I have had 2 batches of rotten non fertilized eggs!! Have fun. You are going to be swimmin in poop there pretty soon! haha

Back
Top Bottom