They've Done It To Me Yet Again!

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by OldGuy43, Nov 21, 2011.

1. OldGuy43

OldGuy43 Chillin' With My Peeps

Some of you may have seen my other posts about the latest drop-off here at the ranch.

[​IMG]

Snowball died last night. Why do people do this. We'd just got her to begin to trust us and now she's gone. It's strange how attached you can get to an animal iN a short period of time. darn them to h***. [​IMG] RTOTK

Darn was not the word I originally used. Apparently the censorship program "respelled" it for me.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2011
  2. NovaAman

NovaAman Overrun With Chickens

[​IMG]

I think people who come on hard times, and can not find new homes figure that their dogs or cats will have luck finding food and shelter near farms... Its totally messed up, cuz I don't think people realise its an animal cruelty charge...

My friend has a neighbor who just lost their apt, and they just left their cat when they moved. It was an indoor cat too, and that is sad... SO now he's trying to find a home for the little guy before winter...

It doesn't take long to get attached when you feed an animal everyday. Get used to seeing them, start to worry, then bam.. Your heart is stuck....

3. TriciaHowe

TriciaHowe Mother Hen

Nov 11, 2008
    High Springs, FL
    Oh gosh, I am so sorry to hear that she died [​IMG] Do you know what she died from? Is it contagious to your other animals??

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 21, 2011
  4. BusyBlonde

BusyBlonde Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 18, 2011
    Bessemer City, NC
    I'm so sorry to hear this. [​IMG]

We've had animals appear at our home numerous times. The last time, we actually heard the car stop, turn around, the door open and close, and it left in a hurry - right before two skinny, flea-ridden kittens showed up on our porch. Some wonderful woman adopted them, but - I know how you feel. Two of our cats were abandoned/dropped off. One was feral. Funny how they really grab your heart, and when they do start to trust you, it is with a love that comes hard-earned and absolute.

My heart is hurting for you. What a beautiful little pup. [​IMG] Rest in peace, Snowball. OldGuy, thank you for giving Snowball a safe place where he was loved. [​IMG]

5. Avalon1984

Avalon1984 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 22, 2010
    Muskegon
    So sorry to hear this [​IMG]

6. turney31

turney31 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 14, 2008
    palestine texas
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by