They've gone too far!!

We're so used to the girls coming for a visit that we don't really think much of it. We say hello, they help themselves to some cat food, then we shoo them out.

My mom, however, is not used to it. Last weekend she was over for dinner and all of a sudden our BSL came to say hi. I turned around and said, "Oh hi, Gwen" then went back to doing dishes. My mom stood there and didn't quite know what to make of it.

Quote:
You betcha I do! My girls are the same way, they LOVE that cat food, but mine will stay, they won't go back outside!
gig.gif

Hold up! They figured out how to use the catdoor?? OK, well, that explains my cats vigilant watch and why they've taken to observing from their deck perch near the catdoor. The day they get in, it's going to be a circus. They already hog the back steps and peck on the glass to get the kids' attention. Dumb, yeah, I don't think so.

My RIR rooster politely knocks with his beak on the kitchen door. When slid open, he walks right in, stepping though the dogs, on to their food bowls and eats dog food out of one of them. Then he meaders back to the door, which should be open for him or he'll start complaining. Then he walks out, and down the patio and back to his harem.

lau.gif

My pets so don't know what is in store for them. Now the chickens outnumber the inside pets. I can fully see Rockstar doing that when he gets older. He doesn't know he's a chicken.

Quote:
When I was a city dweller with urban chicks, one of them started to poke her head through the dog door. I could see her looking around and I knew the next step was a hen on the sofa. But we moved so it turned out ok...

I have deck raiders and do try to get in house also. But I have one RIR that likes to eat with the cat

You know what they say, "keep your friends close, your enemies closer". That is one smart chicken!!!
wink.png
hee hee hee....​

We were bringing in groceries this evening, so we had the cats locked up in the office to keep them from getting out while we had the door open.
My head hen, Chloe, walked right in the kitchen door and started poking around for something to eat.
My DH was not amused.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom