Thin Silkie Chick + Not Keeping Heat

KikiDeAnime

Spooky
6 Years
Dec 29, 2017
Battle Ground, WA
So our 8-9 week old bantam Partridge Silkie chick isn't able to keep heat on herself and is a little thin. She sleeps in the same brooder as the other 2 Silkies that I bought with her and they're doing better than she is. I finished treating them all with Corid for coccidiosis 2 weeks ago.

What is causing her to get thin? I make sure they have food and water everyday.
I've been keeping the heat lamp on even though they shouldn't need it anymore. The other 2 Silkies hate having it on even though there's a spot for them to be out from under it.

Anything I can do for her?

What are you feeding them?
Is she eating/drinking/pooping?
Are the other 2 bullying her?
Possibly keeping her from the food?
Is it possible to get a fecal sample done for worms?
Check her crop in the morning (should be empty) & in the evening (should be full) ... She may have crop issues?
Pictures would help....

What are you feeding them?
Is she eating/drinking/pooping?
Are the other 2 bullying her?
Possibly keeping her from the food?
Is it possible to get a fecal sample done for worms?
Check her crop in the morning (should be empty) & in the evening (should be full) ... She may have crop issues?
Pictures would help....

She's eating/drinking just fine and the other 2 aren't bullying her.
She doesn't have worms, we already checked on Saturday.
Her crop is doing just fine.

Would it be possible that it could be linked her being a 'special needs' chick? She hatched with cross beak and its slightly crooked.

I'll get photos of her as soon as possible!

She's eating/drinking just fine and the other 2 aren't bullying her. She doesn't have worms, we already checked on Saturday. Her crop is doing just fine. Would it be possible that it could be linked her being a 'special needs' chick? She hatched with cross beak and its slightly crooked. I'll get photos of her as soon as possible!

You just answered your own concern, she's crossed beak ... A picture would help....Eating maybe difficult for her. Try wetting her feed with water or even plain yogurt, make like a mash & some vitamins would be good too. Do you see her eating?

You just answered your own concern, she's crossed beak ... A picture would help....Eating maybe difficult for her. Try wetting her feed with water or even plain yogurt, make like a mash & some vitamins would be good too. Do you see her eating?
She eats just fine, I watch her every time I refill their food.

Sorry for the wait on photos!
She almost injured herself trying to keep away from me but I finally managed to grab her.
0.jpg
01.jpg

Back
Top Bottom