Things I don't feed my chickensšŸ˜Š

Mine have their individual likes and dislikes.
Only Babs likes cauliflower and she will kill for over-ripe banana. She wonā€™t touch dandelions but Calypso loves them.
Mine are fat little stinkers -- they eat grubs, worms, and hornworms, but only if I serve it up to them!!! they're too good to pick the bugs off the plants it seems šŸ˜” but of course heavens forbid they leave the strawberries alone!!!

I canā€™t keep my girls from eating apple seeds lol, my neighbors grow them. But whatā€™s up with rhubarb? I donā€™t think they eat it but I do have a rhubarb plant, should I block it off from them just incase?

I donā€™t feed my girls anything moldy, too sugary or citrus too!

I canā€™t keep my girls from eating apple seeds lol, my neighbors grow them. But whatā€™s up with rhubarb? I donā€™t think they eat it but I do have a rhubarb plant, should I block it off from them just incase?
I would not worry about the rhubarb plant unless the chickens are shut in a pen with that plant and nothing else to eat.

As long as there are plenty of other things to eat, the chickens will probably not eat enough rhubarb to hurt themselves-- either they will ignore it, or they will sample a bit and then ignore it.

Back
Top Bottom