Things I have learned since getting chickens...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
Pics?

lau.gif

NEVER in a million years. I can imagine it: all the chickens are standing around my feet, heads cocked, waiting like little velociraptors for some sort of weakness.

I will be trimming the feeder before adding it to my coop page
smile.png

I would think a pic of you in heels with a bag of feed balanced on your head would be BYC front-page material.
lol.png

Not going to happen. Work clothes+coop=bad idea.

Plus, now that the baby is older, no one will buy the "it's just baby goo" reply when they point out something on my suit. Unless it is a minature peanutbutter handprint on my backside, boss-man ain't buying it.

I have learned that when it is evening and time for bed, that the little chicks will always try to push the envelope and stay out until the last possible minute. I have learned that if a little chick neglects his mama's call for bedtime, that the older teenage brother or sister will gently route the younger one on it's way to the coop. Then, and only then, will the teenagers go to bed-once they make sure that everyone else is in the coop. It is a wonderful thing to see...
smile.png

To protect my eyes in the coop!

Thank goodness my hen was aiming for the skin tag above my eye rather than my eye itself.

Chickens can reproduce without laying eggs. I started with 2 chicks ( that's all I wanted) in March. I now have one less than the city's limit and I'm thinking about selling the house to move somewhere without limits. lol

Quote:
OMG you found the secret to the color changing cheetos!!!!!!
lau.gif

I am going to buy some purple cabbage. soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom