Things learned while collecting feathers

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by Sfraker, Oct 3, 2014.

1. Sfraker

Sfraker Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 17, 2014
    Western NC
    1. Remember to look where your going. Otherwise you WILL walk FACE first into giant Black and Yellow garden spider webs. Which then allows you to wear the giant spider like jewelry. Much flaying of arms and screaming occur.

2. While walking around starring at the ground, remember to look before straightening up. Otherwise you WILL bump you head MULTIPLE times on tree branches. I recommend learning your lesson the first time, unlike me.

3. Feathers that have been floating in the old duck pool that is waiting to be emptied and cleaned may be pretty but don't touch. They are slimy and fall apart in your hands. They will stick grossly to your fingers causing you to shake your hands all over. Then you will dunk your hands in the ducks old pool poo-soup water. Followed by running across the yard to wash your hands with LOTS of soap. (Always keep a bar of soap by your hose)

4. Finally if the feathers are for someone else, do not let your 9 year old daughter look at them. Much arguing will ensue as she begs to keep them for herself. (Even though she has a TON of her own feathers already)

I hope that someone learns something from my Public Service Message.
    Thank you for your time.

2. Kelsie2290

Kelsie2290 True BYC Addict Premium Member

Feb 18, 2011
    Ohio
    :lau

3. veronicasmom

veronicasmom Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 31, 2009
    [​IMG][​IMG]Am I the cause of this post????????????????

4. Sfraker

Feb 17, 2014
    Western NC
    @veronicasmom I would say that my clutziness is the true cause. You were just the instigator. [​IMG]

5. veronicasmom

veronicasmom Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 31, 2009
    [​IMG]

6. Amykins

Amykins Overrun With Chickens

May 11, 2013
    [​IMG]

7. Sfraker

Feb 17, 2014
    Western NC
    @Amykins I don't know where you live, but moving to NC from WI taught me what BIG spiders look like! OMG are these guys HUGE! If you flick one off of you, no lie you can hear it hit the ground!
    Shudder.......

8. Amykins

Amykins Overrun With Chickens

May 11, 2013
    Look up "tegenaria". They're all over Seattle. And they are the size of my fist.

9. Sfraker

Feb 17, 2014
    Western NC
    @Amykins I was in Seattle 26 years ago. I am still scarred from the GIANT slugs! I have pictures of 6" long slugs. EEEWWWW!!!!!

Now that I know you have spiders that big, I'm never coming back! :)

10. Espresso

Espresso Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 9, 2014
    Starbucks
    @Sfraker - Our banana slugs? They are harmless. Lol. Great duck food...

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by