Things looking up at the Chicken Zoo .................. : )

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by chickenzoo, Aug 5, 2010.

1. chickenzoo

chickenzoo Emu Hugger

Well it has been depressing around here lately, but things are looking up. We appealed the Unemployment benefits and finally got someone who knew what they were doing. Because my husband was forced to resign because of mainly medical reasons he can indeed collect unemployment.... finally. My husband has another Gov job interview Aug 10th.... fingers crossed hard. Hubby had the sinus surgery done, all went well. The doc was very very concerned about how his lungs would do under anesthesia, almost rescheduled surgery to a bigger hospital, but he did wonderful.... although I found out he gets very very loopy waking up from it... hehe. He has had very little bleeding considering and they did not use packing in the sinus. We also got a letter from the navy Medical board that they finally moved him into permanent disability status. So things are looking better. I'm still cutting back some, but at least what I do have will be able to be fed.... and that's weight off my shoulders.

2. cityslickers

cityslickers Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 21, 2009
    Florida
    [​IMG]

3. wegotchickens

wegotchickens DownSouth D'Uccles & Silkies

Jul 5, 2007
    Sevier County, TN
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Glad the surgery went well. I sincerely hope it makes a real difference for his quality of life.

4. teach1rusl

teach1rusl Love My Chickens

I'm glad things are looking up for you guys [​IMG]

5. sfw2

sfw2 Global Menace

[​IMG] Glad to hear things have improved, some.

6. shelleyb1969

shelleyb1969 Star Bright Farm

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I'm so happy for you! Just wait and see...things will be back to normal, IF NOT BETTER, in no time.
    [​IMG]

7. flgardengirl

flgardengirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 2, 2009
    Sunny side up :)
    Glad everything is getting better for you guys! My stepfather had a heck of a time getting some disability even though he could prove he was exposed to agent orange. Later he had an injury while working at his Civil Service job too. He worked Civil Service and for the National Guard after doing a few tours in Vietnam. He finally did get approved but it took quite a while.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by