Things my Pop used to tell me......

seismic wonder2

I got mad ninja skills
12 Years
Feb 3, 2007
san diego ca
My Pop used to say the darnedest things....

"that was tougher than putting socks on a banty rooster!"
(I didn't really get it. I tried it...now I get it!)

"that goofy kid could eat corn on the cobb through a pickett fence and not miss a kernal"

"Boy! you'd rather sandpaper a bobcat's A$$ in a phone booth than finish that sentence"

"Come here so I can beat ya..."

"Your friend is dumb as a sack of wet hammers"

"Get the screwdriver and fix that door. It's got a crack you could sling a cat through"

"Don't start, Won't be none..."

"Hold that chicken, Boy! He's kickin' like a three legged ninja!"

"I keep waking up every day, so It can't be all bad."

"Leave that girl alone, Boy, she's got so much green paint on her eyelids it looks like her gallbladder had busted"

"That one (girl) gets around like the three day flu"

"HATDAMSOMBRITCHESTAHAIL-BOY!"
(he said that when he busted me screwing something up)

Last edited:
Quote:
I think this one is my favorite! LMAO Too funny though!
lau.gif
lau.gif

when we would talk at the table my grandmother would say "everytime a sheep baa's it looses a mouthful" and when she was mad she would say"Jesus mother Mary and Joseph" took me about 20 years to figure that one out because it was all one word when she said it

"that was tougher than putting socks on a banty rooster!"

I also had experience with that...when Slifer had Bumblefoot, I had a sock of her hurt foot...took me longer to get the darned thing on her than for her to kick and peck it off.

My grandfather used to say "Cheese and Crackers" I can't eat cheese and crackers without thinking of him.​

"worthless as teets on a boar hog"

"colder than a witches ... in a klondike"

"don't know his a$$ from a hole in the ground"

"you can't hit the broad side of a barn"

"looking at the right side of the daises"

My fav. is "when i was your age i used to walk to school barefoot to school five miles one way, up the hil(both ways)
My hubbys granny if asked if she can do something"I used to could"
there is also "dumber than a sack of peanuts"
and the one i always say/yell when i am mad at somebody"dunnerkeilswetternumolna" its german and roughly translated means "lightning(bold)weather again" doesnt make no sense when you translate it, but bavarians are some darn creative cussers. maybe a little more known is "kruzituerken"

Back
Top Bottom