Things You Want to Do Before You Croak....or

Lunachick

Chicken Slave
12 Years
Mar 19, 2007
Brick, NJ
Your Personal "Bucket List"..............whatever you want to call it.

I've been thinking about this since I've heard a few people mention it. I had a close call last year, and I'm sure there were a few others on here dealing with their own stuff........but I'm not sure what I'd want to do before I go.

More than anything I guess, would be to travel and see other parts of the world that interest me most. But traveling is a pain nowadays - especially if you have to fly. Other than that - I'm not into jumping off bridges with a bungee cord....or mountain climbing etc. I like canoeing in a quiet stream and bird watching or hiking in the woods, enjoying my animals, living with security knowing I won't lose my house. Enjoying my gardens.
smile.png
Stuff like that. I guess I'm simple? Maybe I don't want for much?

What would everyone else want? Go ahead, say you want to fly into space and see what it's like up there all alone in a small capsule for months!
th.gif
Not me........plus, doesn't that cost like a million dollars or something
tongue.png
....I'd be air sick and yearning to dig my fingers into the earth!

When I was a kid we went on vacation in South Dakota and we went to the place where they were working on the Crazy Horse Monument. I don't even know how far along they are on that project now but I hope they finish it and I get to see it before I croak. There are some other personal things too but I won't get into that on here.

Also I would like to catch a 20+ pound catfish and kill a monster buck!

Last edited:
Travel with my kids and my husband. Probably wont financially be feasible, so just spending time with them would be nice. Time without the stress of school and work if possible
big_smile.png

Quote:
I just googled that. Very cool! I wanna see it too! Wasn't there some controversy over it with the local tribes?

I really want to travel the world. Searching far and wide- Okay, none of that, self.

Also, I would love to visit a ton of conventions and see some of my favorite bands at a concert. Definitely learn to sew, sprite, and program as well.

Quote:
The American Volkssport Association has an event every year- I think it is the first weekend of June- that allows people to actually climb Crazy Horse. It is the only time that people are allowed on the monument. I did it in 2004 and it was amazing. I got there at about 6 am and there were already about a thousand people in line ahead of me. This is definitely a worthy bucket list item for anyone.

Back
Top Bottom