Things You Wish You Would Have Known?

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by RodBrandt, May 23, 2016.

1. RodBrandt

RodBrandt Chillin' With My Peeps

May 16, 2016
    [​IMG]Well said, Margot30.

1 person likes this.
  2. RodBrandt

May 16, 2016
    [​IMG]

3. Sassysouth

Sassysouth Overrun With Chickens

May 12, 2016
    Decatur, AL
    Hahahaha! We had been talking about getting chickens and I even had a breed list narrowed down. 2 weeks ago I was at the local Co-op getting seed and they had red production pullets. I picked up my son from school, went back to the co-op and let him pick out 4 pullets. We named them ALL and I am working my rear off trying build their home and run built. We love them so much! We have done everything wrong! But I don't care!!

4. RodBrandt

May 16, 2016
    ChaddiX this is great! Thanks for the detailed and thoughtful response. Much appreciated.

5. RodBrandt

May 16, 2016
    "We have done everything wrong but I don't care." Sounds like you've got the right heart. Does anything else really matter?! [​IMG]

6. DianaMallory

DianaMallory Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 20, 2012
    Lancaster Ohio
    Predator proofing! It took three massacre to realize Chicken wire was meant to keep chickens out of your garden not keep predators away from your chickens!

1 person likes this.
  7. RodBrandt

May 16, 2016
    [​IMG]

8. nwalser

nwalser New Egg

May 24, 2016
    What's the down side of production reds?

9. potato chip

potato chip lunch-sharer

Nor do chickens, they are very forgiving. They don't care if their coop isn't the taj mahal, they still jump in at bedtime and never complain about it. Except if they are being mean or fighting another chicken over something "chickeny", they are always cheerful and happy to see you. They don't berate you because you bought the kibble with 17% protein and not 18%. Every meal and every table scrap is cordon bleu to them.

2 people like this.
  10. Blooie

Blooie Team Spina Bifida Premium Member

Feb 25, 2014
    Northwestern Wyoming
    My Coop
    Um, but they don't like vacuum cleaners. And don't wear flip-flops into the coop, even if you have run in just for a second and don't have time to change into shoes. With nail polish on your toes. Nevah evah!!

2 people like this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by