Think I have a roo or two!

McK Farms

In the Brooder
Jul 8, 2015
Texas
[/IMG]

New to raising chicks. All my chicks are @ 5 mo old except the multicolored EE (which I am pretty sure is a roo) which is 4 mo old. The others are a cuckoo maran, dominecker, 2 RI reds, and an EE. I am also worried about one of the RI reds being a roo too. Anyone want to weigh in?

Welcome to BYC!

Those are beautiful birds! The EE is a rooster, however (and I'm no expert), the Rhode Island Reds both look like hens that are nearing laying age.

Best of luck with them!
smile.png

Good morning, welcome to BYC!

Without a closer photo of them, I hesitate to guess. There is a forum here where you can post close-up, full body pictures of each bird you are wondering about and there are some very experienced members there that can give you some answers:
https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/15/what-breed-or-gender-is-this

You have some lovely chickens, are any of them laying for you yet? Hope you are enjoying them.

Good luck to you and welcome to BYC!

Welcome to BYC. Glad you decided to join our flock. The shots are very distant, but based on what I can see, both RIRs are pullets. I can't see the comb of the Easter Egger just to their right well enough to tell its gender. The comb looks quite large and red, but it may just be a female whose ready to start laying. Male EEs have three rows of peas in their combs; female EEs have a single row of peas in their combs. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Good luck with your flock.

Good morning, welcome to BYC!

Without a closer photo of them, I hesitate to guess. There is a forum here where you can post close-up, full body pictures of each bird you are wondering about and there are some very experienced members there that can give you some answers:
https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/15/what-breed-or-gender-is-this

You have some lovely chickens, are any of them laying for you yet? Hope you are enjoying them.

Good luck to you and welcome to BYC!
X2 on posting closer photos to get better opinions.

Welcome to BYC, so glad you have joined us.

They are not laying yet that I know of. Unless they are laying in the yard somewhere. I will add new pics to the other thread

Back
Top Bottom