Think I have made a good mistake!

Dan nich

Songster
Apr 22, 2020
So I kept my chicks really warm this year with heat lamp I kept a lamp on them until 8 weeks or 9 and temps above 80! Now that it’s 16 weeks later and Kentucky heat is above 85 and humid they are thriving! This was first chicks I ever raised! Now I def checked on my babies every few hours and nagged wife till she was hostile while at work to check on them but now I’m teaching them about a wading pool to keep cool in the heat anyone ever teach chickens to swim?

So I kept my chicks really warm this year with heat lamp I kept a lamp on them until 8 weeks or 9 and temps above 80! Now that it’s 16 weeks later and Kentucky heat is above 85 and humid they are thriving! This was first chicks I ever raised! Now I def checked on my babies every few hours and nagged wife till she was hostile while at work to check on them but now I’m teaching them about a wading pool to keep cool in the heat anyone ever teach chickens to swim?
Chickens don't really swim, they float until they get waterlogged and then they sink. Make sure they can easily touch the bottom and can easily get out when wet and heavier than usual (don't count on them being able to flap or jump well) but they will possibly enjoy being able to get in the water and cool off.

I was joking about swimming I have seen video of shallow pool filled with minnows tho, Kentucky heat is humid as it gets and I can say I do worry

Back
Top Bottom