think this would make a good bator???

sure! slap some clear doors on there, add some insulation, a bulb & thermostat and maybe a turner then you're set to go! given that the thermometer is accurate and everything works you'll surely hatch something up!
wink.png

Just gotta talk the hubby into letting me get it as a Christmas gift instead of what ever he was thinking of getting. I would much rather put the money into a better bator than what I've got.

Well I really need to either build a better bator or fix up the one I've got. Any ideas and pics of bators you guys have built on the cheap?

I would buy it even if I didnt turn it into an incubator. Solid wood and only needs a fan and heater. That thing is pretty close to me so I assume you are to. If you buy it, let me know and give me some measurements and I can build you the turner trays for it, complete with motor controller and thermostat. Might even have a few spare heaters and fans laying around.

One warning about the solid wood. when applying heat and humidity, it can crack and warp. You will need to seal the inside with a good marine varnish. You can buy a quart at lowes or homedepot and apply several coats.

Back
Top Bottom