Thinking about a kitten or two...

In my experience it seems like male cats pee more, when I had my neutered male cat It seemed like I was forever cleaning out the litterbox. I have never had that much pee with female cats.
While we are on the subject of litterboxes, I never have a cat smell in my home where guests can tell I have cats, I clean the boxes of fecal and urine twice a day morning and night I use the Clumping Purina Tidy Cats litter, Add clean litter as needed.
once a month I Clean the box with warm/hot water and dish detergent like dawn, followed by a bleach soak, about 10 - 15 minutes. then rinse very well, when completely dry add fresh cat litter. I do this Once a month.

I think you should spay [female] or neuter [male] your cat no mater which sex you get unaltered females will howl when in season and will try to bolt out the door, and some will spray to atract a mate, you will also have extra male cats hanging around your house and fighting at all hours even if you don't let her out.
and male cats will spray everything if he is not neutered, when they are neutered he is not as likely to spray. mine never did.

Cats like a routine they feel safe if things are the same everyday, I feed my cats soft canned cat food in the A.M.
I have to feed in separate rooms, then they take a nap or just watch the birds, later in the day I play with them, cat wand with soft fluffy thing on a shoe type string, they love it. then they get their hard food around 3p.m.
I was late feeding them one day and they were not happy!

my cats have full run of the house except a few rooms they are not allowed in so we usually shut those doors, but when we are going to go some where they are confined to one room with windows so they can look out, a soft comfy spot to sleep, their litterbox, scratching post, toys, water and food {food if we are going to be gone all day}. the only time my cats are in a kennel carrier is when they are going to go to the vet.
My cats are strickly indoor cats and they are very happy, as long as you don't completely ignore them they will be very happy living in the house, and Much safer, to many predators both human and animal outside these days.
I hope this has helped you somewhat.
Good Luck and post pictures when you get your cat.

Have had cats for 50 years and the MOST important thing is to make sure it is neutered(which originally meant the removal of reproductive organs from either sex). clean litter box every day(watch out cause dogs like to help you "clean" litterbox and it can disturb their stomachs),feed dry food,I feel age is unimportant and you can choose a certain personality of cat at most reputable rescues,check with vet once a year,and once again NEUTER. neutering will eliminate some health issues they can get if left unneutered. you'll get lots of suggestions but the most important is to make sure its NEUTERED. have fun choosing a kittie/kitties.GOOD LUCK!

My opinion my male kitten is alot more active and playful then any of the females ive had, Ad you can keep them from spraying AT ALL by getting them neutured, its usaully best to do this by age 14-17 weeks on my opinion, females are good to just more lazy. and only thing you gotta worry about them is that if they get out their most definetly going to end up pregnant! they breed like rabbits! and long haired cats, it just depends on the cat really, I have two one doesnt shed almost at all, one sheds alot, And Litter training kittens is pretty easy, You can try putting a small litter pan with thick newspaper around it (in case the kitten doesnt catch on at first) and just stick him in the litterbox a couple times a day, He'll figure it out really quick. Hope this helps!

- Diana

My cat Jix
32404_jix.jpg

My 8 week old kitten LJ
32404_kitten.jpg

big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom