Thinking about getting an incubator!

I disagree , if you can afford the cabnet type , then get it , i doubt seriously you will ever be sry you got it there resale value is good , and they can be used for lots of things including making beef jerky D lolol

But also i think that a Havo G is plenty good enough for you also :D but get the turner makes it very easy , for people who have things to do besides watch a bator all day :D
Paul
About the turner . and ... busy i DONT have better things to do ..so you made me laugh when iread that !!!
lau.gif

.My point just Not a necessity if you are strapped for money. HAND Turn just morning after work and bedtime. big deal.....but is handy if you are forgetful about turning or way too busy or home odd hours or if you have hundreds of eggs to turn .yeah for sure. get one!
But for 20 or so its doable in 2 minutes by hand ..So if money is an issue then its not a MUST for hatching like some things are.
I would get one with a fan and auto temp control before a turner is my point..
A cabinet would be truly AWESOME !! Who doesnt think so ? But not really in most ppls budgets as a Must Have...If you are getting seriously into it and want to go on with bigger better.sales .. then yes.
Also if you never hatched there are things you have to do some ppl may not have the stomach for like asisting, culling. and fixing legs besides lots of cleaning and then the stress of hatch......so maybe a top of the line expensive one is a little bit too much for a very beginner who never hatched an egg until they see if they really want to do it.
.Later you are right .Perfect!. but for most of us truly more a dream, even later if you just want to hatch 20-40 chicks at a time. sort of over kill even though i would LOVE an auto humidity control. myself but to spend so much more to get it .?.....maybe i can just watch it myself and complain LOL

Last edited:
It's a good point about resale value. Hovabators are rarely worth anywhere near what you pay for them--the cabinet incubators, if you buy used, will lose almost no value so long as they're in good condition. 

Sounds like it really comes down to what you can afford and what you want. My philosophy is always to start as small as is practical, and grow from there. But everyone has their own approach that works for them. :)

Man I hate money lol if I had endless money I'd have endless bators bahaha

Paul
 About the turner . and ... busy  i DONT have better  things to do ..so you made me laugh  when iread that !!!:lau
.My point  just Not a necessity  if you are strapped for money. HAND Turn  just   morning  after work and bedtime. big deal.....but is handy if you are forgetful about turning or way too busy or  home odd hours or if you have hundreds of eggs  to turn .yeah for sure. get one!
But for 20 or so its doable in 2  minutes by hand ..So  if money is an issue then its not a MUST for hatching like some things are.
I would get one with a fan and auto  temp control before a turner  is my point.. 
A cabinet would be truly   AWESOME !! Who doesnt think so ? But not really in most ppls budgets as a Must Have...If you are getting seriously into it and want to go on with bigger better.sales  .. then yes.  
Also if you never hatched there are things you have to do some ppl may not have the stomach for  like asisting, culling. and fixing  legs  besides lots of cleaning and  then the stress of hatch......so maybe  a  top of the line expensive  one is a little bit too  much  for a  very beginner who never hatched  an egg  until they see if they really want to do it. 
.Later  you are right .Perfect!. but for most of us truly  more a dream, even later if you just want to hatch 20-40 chicks at a time. sort of over kill even though i would LOVE  an auto  humidity control. myself  but to spend so much more to get it .?.....maybe i can just watch it myself  and complain LOL

I was a vet tech for 5 years and have figured out I have Harty iron stomache hahah. I think I will start small and work up to a big bator I really want to get a small farm up and running and have that as mine and baby girls "job" lol! I've watched my friends hatch out eggs and did it way back in high school and have always just found it to be a joy:) maybe I can talk my husband into getting both and start using the small then later start adding in the cabinet hahaha

I would have loved to be a vet tech but I woulda brought too many critters home I know...so im a lab tech instead. I would totally go for a vet tech job if it paid close to what I make now though lol.

I would have loved to be a vet tech but I woulda brought too many critters home I know...so im a lab tech instead. I would totally go for a vet tech job if it paid close to what I make now though lol.

Oh I loved it! I did bring plenty of critter home over the years haha!! I completely understand that lol

oh I have no doubt! that would def be an interesting job.

yeah if you have a place for a cabinet and a place to put all the babies go for it. I think ill be ok with my 2. ive already asked my brother to build me a bigger brooder and a grow out pen lol and he said no problem...yay. I think I can talk him into a duck house too. my other half is working on the second coop lol

oh I have no doubt! that would def be an interesting job.
yeah if you have a place for a cabinet and a place to put all the babies go for it. I think ill be ok with my 2. ive already asked my brother to build me a bigger brooder and a grow out pen lol and he said no problem...yay. I think I can talk him into a duck house too. my other half is working on the second coop lol

Ya it sure is never a dull moment and always something new!
My hubby just built a "baby coop" for me and we have used some of the old barns as other coops:) that's awesome they don't know it but by building us stuff they are helping our addiction bahaha:)

Back
Top Bottom