Thinking about getting more pigeons

Quacking Pigeon

Crowing
Mar 12, 2018
NSW, Australia
My Coop
My Coop
Recently, I’ve been thinking about purchasing a few more pigeons. There’s a person who is pretty close who has some Serbian high flyers, Turkish tumblers and racing pigeons for sale. Below I have some screenshots of the 3 ads:

58A3C1C3-7707-4354-809C-568C3ADCF687.png
EF5E7CF4-0881-4B50-98AC-ADE770E2CCBE.png
47AB4B9F-209A-498A-9F2E-2A6203794167.png

AD 1
-2 Serbian highflyers or other type
-2 Turkish Tumbler
-1 tippler
-1 cage

AD 2
-1 red checker male
-1 recessive red hen

AD 3
-1 recessive red male

Do you think they look healthy and are a fairly good price?

I was planning of getting them all and quarantining them, then pair the extra red male with my blue bar hen, issue is she’s quite fussy over the boys.

Ok so i wouldnt get the add #1 or add #3 because they are not banded so that to me is a sign that good records werent kept and they likely are poor in whatever ability they were bred for. But pair #2 is banded (from what i can see) and looks pretty healthy. I would ask to see how far they can home and how old they are. And also what family if any are they out of. Good luck and keep us updated!

Ok so i wouldnt get the add #1 or add #3 because they are not banded so that to me is a sign that good records werent kept and they likely are poor in whatever ability they were bred for. But pair #2 is banded (from what i can see) and looks pretty healthy. I would ask to see how far they can home and how old they are. And also what family if any are they out of. Good luck and keep us updated!
Recently, I’ve been thinking about purchasing a few more pigeons. There’s a person who is pretty close who has some Serbian high flyers, Turkish tumblers and racing pigeons for sale. Below I have some screenshots of the 3 ads:

View attachment 1601224 View attachment 1601225 View attachment 1601226

AD 1
-2 Serbian highflyers or other type
-2 Turkish Tumbler
-1 tippler
-1 cage

AD 2
-1 red checker male
-1 recessive red hen

AD 3
-1 recessive red male

Do you think they look healthy and are a fairly good price?

I was planning of getting them all and quarantining them, then pair the extra red male with my blue bar hen, issue is she’s quite fussy over the boys.

Hi! crzytrkr here they look like some nice pigeons! i think all birds should have bands, having said that if you are not gonna race or breed for profit yes! but if you just wanna have fun with a few birds and you have seen these birds with out bands and had a chance to hold and feel the birds wight and keel bone or breast bone and there eyes are clear and bright then why not! you can use the lack of a band for getting a better price for the lot i would quarantine them just to see how they eat, drink and so on you might be surprised!!!

Back
Top Bottom