Thinking about hatching quail

Ally Rose

Songster
7 Years
May 7, 2012
NJ
I failed to hatch duck eggs and I'm going to wait until spring to try again. In the mean time... I want to hatch quail-- any breed suggestions? I'm just doing this as a hobby, so i don't care about how big or meaty they are though i'd like to get some eggs out of 'em. Thanks!

Thanks! I was thinking either button or coturnix and i will definitely try to find coturnix, i really like them. Im trying to buy locally though cuz my duck eggs got screwed up through the mail and i DO NOT want that problem again. What a let down! But thanks for your advice
bow.gif

Have you tried Craigslist? We have lots of quail ads down here.

Just checked craigslist- and no quail eggs. There were only chicken hatching eggs BUT i will keep looking!

Everybody seems to be ecstatic over the eggs they get from http://jamesmariefarms.com/index.html . I have not ordered from him, but intend to in the spring.

If you need a smaller amount, I have had very good luck with eBayer "mscarrie27" . She packs the eggs in quail cartons with layers and layers of bubble wrap. Super-fresh eggs. She has coturnix and buttons.

Hi, My two cents would be to order some eggs from ebay buyer "rsv201111". I ordered 100 Texas A&M eggs from him and I hatched out 80 out of 100. Their were no broken eggs at all.

I have not hatched them yet but James Marie Farms has been very helpful to me after a double bust on shipped eggs. I will know how his do in about 3 and a half weeks
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom