Thinking of getting a couple of Khaki Campbells

okzephyr

In the Brooder
8 Years
Jul 1, 2011
Oklahoma
Hello all!! Kim in Tulsa, here...been a while since I posted but still very much enjoying my backyard chickens.

Actually, they are my 14 year old son's chickens. He kept them for a long time in a box at the foot of his bed but when he started waking up with them roosting on the foot board of this bed, we moved them outside. LOL! They still love him and follow him around. He's devoted to them and takes very good care of them.

Anyway, I'd like to get him a couple of ducks...I decided on the KC's because of the egg-laying (for me). I have some questions.

• Where can I get two female KC ducklings that I could maybe drive to (since the small order fee is outrageous...like fifty bucks to have them mailed)?
  • Is it ok to get two female ducks? Will they get along like two hens do? (I know you should get two...or else they'll get lonely.)
  • I'm leaning toward two Khaki Campbells, but is it ok to get one duck if I get a couple of pullet chicks at the same time? Or do they really need another duck?

Just want to make sure I do this right, since I know what to do with chickens, but new at ducks!

Thanks!

Kim

read the stickies at the top of the duck area first.

yes two ducks will be fine

yes ducks should be with other ducks.

think about buying 2 adults or juveniles so you can get just your 2 females

Back
Top Bottom