Thinking of making homemade Duck Crumble and Feed

Ducklearner

In the Brooder
Feb 22, 2021
Is it possible that I can make homemade food for my Ducklings and Ducks? What ingredients should I use if it could be done? Why do I want to to make my own feed? Well because I think about how they were when they were in the wild, they never had pellets out there, so they had to be eating something, therefore I want to make my own Ducklings and Duck feed, but can it be done, because I know now (thanks to Isaac 0) that ingredients like oats, barley, flax seeds, and whole grainsdon't provide good amounts of nutrients, so can I make my own feed? If I can't what food did you feed your Ducklings and Ducks?

Is it possible that I can make homemade food for my Ducklings and Ducks? What ingredients should I use if it could be done? Why do I want to to make my own feed? Well because I think about how they were when they were in the wild, they never had pellets out there, so they had to be eating something, therefore I want to make my own Ducklings and Duck feed, but can it be done, because I know now (thanks to Isaac 0) thatiat ingredients like oats, barley, flax seeds, and whole grainsdon't provide good amounts of nutrients, so can I make my own feed? If I can't what food did you feed your Ducklings and Ducks?
I would highly recommend buying Mazuri waterfowl feeds, they are the most recommended by veteranarians for ducks. They can be easily purchased online at Chewy.com and shipped to you. I'm sure it's possible to make your own feed for them, but probably very difficult.

I would highly recommend buying Mazuri waterfowl feeds, they are the most recommended by veteranarians for ducks. They can be easily purchased online at Chewy.com and shipped to you. I'm sure it's possible to make your own feed for them, but probably very difficult.
x2

I have had multiple avian veterinarians recommend Mazuri waterfowl for optimal health in my ducks.

In a webinar I recently watched avian veterinarians recommended against making your own feed. They were discussing how nutrition was important in the prevention of illness, including bacterial and viral. I can try to find exactly what they said if you are interested.

I understand your desire to give a more natural diet, but wild ducks would be foraging from a wide variety of plants and animal foods that we can't replicate with oats, flax, ect. I feel that the best we can do is to let the expert veterinarians formulate a diet for our pets, and supplement that by letting them forage in our yards.

Obviously other people are free to feel differently.

Back
Top Bottom