Thinking of painting coop interior

BuckeyeFoodie

Crowing
10 Years
Mar 29, 2013
Columbus, OH
So I'm going to be doing some big-ish improvements to my coop this spring/summer, including new exterior paint. So I figured since I'm going to be miserable and paint-y anyways, I might like to paint the interior walls and ceiling white.

My coop is 12x16x8, and has several windows and doors, so it gets a lot of light already. My thought is that a white interior will look nice and clean and make things even brighter.

I guess my question is should I use interior or exterior paint? Or should I even bother? The only problems I have noticed with moisture are from a leaky roof (now repaired), but the coop is not insulated, and I do live in central Ohio (for those of you unfamiliar with the region, today it was 30 F with snow, tomorrow will be 70 F with possible tornadoes, and that's a pretty normal weather shift at this time of year). The coop is nearing 20 years old, so the unfinished interior wood has darkened a fair amount.

Exterior or I’ve seen some posters indicate using “barn and fence” paint that you can buy at regular home improvement stores. A recent poster used epoxy paint for the interior. Have seen some comments that white interiors can look pretty dirty pretty quickly from the birds (in which case the epoxy paint poster chose well, as the epoxy paint was grey with black and white flecks- almost looked like evenly distributed chx poop! LOL).

Back
Top Bottom