~*Third Annual Cinco de Mayo Turkey Hatch-Athon*~ all poultry welcome!

How many of you'll are adjusting the humidity by egg weight?

My first tine to do it that way.... But it sounds like the most accurate/best method.

I was going to... every set this year except todays. I weighed every egg & marked the weights on them - and then just followed the basic directions
lau.gif
. Weighed them again at lock down, but it would have been too late to adjust anything, and most of them went just fine. Have the notes, but didn't take measured action... fail?

Quote: I was thinking this too--- where to buy such an awesome light for candling!!! Oh Sally!!!!

How many of you'll are adjusting the humidity by egg weight?

My first tine to do it that way.... But it sounds like the most accurate/best method.
I agreee this maybe the easiest method for begnners-- reading hte air cell for size is a challenge. IMO many noobs don't get the air cell big enough ---I was one of those, lol--- now I understand how to interpret the air cell diagrams to have a good hatch. SO you might be betteroff with this weighing method!! Just don't drop them-- oh wait-- that can happen when candling too! lol

I think its to late to do anything to mine. They are due to hatch on the 19th. What percentage of weight loss should they have at lock down? I candled last night and all are wiggling. I'm using a Brinsea Mini Advanced and through hatch ave kept water in one of the reservoirs per the instructions. It said to fill both sides. Its my first time using this incubator.

I think its to late to do anything to mine. They are due to hatch on the 19th. What percentage of weight loss should they have at lock down? I candled last night and all are wiggling. I'm using a Brinsea Mini Advanced and through hatch ave kept water in one of the reservoirs per the instructions. It said to fill both sides. Its my first time using this incubator.
I follow their instructions for that incubator, you should be fine. Yes, fill both sides for lockdown. I don't know about the weight loss, I don't weigh my eggs.

Ok I have a question? My little sweetgrass hen has started laying eggs. She has no tom with her. If I was to get a tom to breed her would she get any fertile eggs in the up and coming days? Plus how long does one or 2 breedings last.
Or would it be better to let her go broody than buy eggs to put under her because the only tom available is a 1/2 breed BR/Slate blue I think she said.
Oh yes I set eggs yesterday with turkey eggs. Lots of Amerucana/EE wheaten colored and my turkin/ cochin bantam cross, plus test eggs from my pure silver lace wyandottes and salmon favs to see if they are fertile. Of yes I set some 1/2 crested cream bars/ brown leghorn . Boy I need a introversion, what a fun addiction .....Chickys

everywhere.

all chicks have feathered legs the cochin bantam must have strong genes. so curious what they will look like when grown.....

Back
Top Bottom