This can’t be an umbilical cord 🫤

Should I take her out and get the picture? Every time I get close to the incubator she starts getting excited.
The risk is that the hatch debris will get caught on something and rip the yolk and intestines out. If mine, I would open the incubator and remove as much of that hatch debris as possible.
The leftover junk was much thicker than I’ve seen, usually it’s been a pretty thin and dried up attachment.
Sometimes it's thicker, not sure why.
Should I also be addressing the feet, or wait on that to see how this plays out? Ay yii yii…
For the feet, I would wait 12-24 hours.

Read a similar post a while back and the OP there was told to separate that chick and basically wait and see. Sounds like it sucked back in, but OP didn’t circle back after initially saying it improved after the first night. I can see if I can track it down…

I think this is it? https://www.backyardchickens.com/th...its-insides-before-i-noticed-it-help.1526682/
Thank you! I saw similar posts, but none that looked like mine exactly. This birthing babies thing is for the birds 🤣

The risk is that the hatch debris will get caught on something and rip the yolk and intestines out. If mine, I would open the incubator and remove as much of that hatch debris as possible.

Sometimes it's thicker, not sure why.

For the feet, I would wait 12-24 hours.
I’ve got the debris out, thank you so much. Is her intestines, do you know?

Back
Top Bottom