This chick has an interesting pattern..

It’s supposed to be half australorp half ameraucana. Wondering where the barring came from? 🤔 the ameraucana the seller has is not barred.
I can tell you, that the parent may not be Ameraucana, the chick has no beard. Beards are a dominant trait that will pass on 50% of the time. But it could be still part Ameraucana, & not be bearded.

What barred birds do they have?

I can tell you, that the parent may not be Ameraucana, the chick has no beard. Beards are a dominant trait that will pass on 50% of the time. But it could be still part Ameraucana, & not be bearded.

What barred birds do they have?
They have an australorp roo, Colombian Wyandotte, and ameraucanas. I don’t think they have anything else.

Attachments

• 383322E8-7EAF-4ADE-BFD4-DCE2D935B559.jpeg
    383322E8-7EAF-4ADE-BFD4-DCE2D935B559.jpeg
    260.7 KB · Views: 7
Are they sure they're Columbian Wyandotte, & not Delawares, which do have barring?
So say they are australorp x Delaware:

So what do you think? What would that look like? Is Delaware coloration dominant? Or would it be more like a barred rock? Or just look splash-like?

The two chicks look very different. One is grey/blue and the other is more red, but the feather patterns look pretty much the same as they are growing in.

So say they are australorp x Delaware:

So what do you think? What would that look like? Is Delaware coloration dominant? Or would it be more like a barred rock? Or just look splash-like?

The two chicks look very different. One is grey/blue and the other is more red, but the feather patterns look pretty much the same as they are growing in.
The Columbian pattern of the Delaware is dominant, with one, or two copies, but has stronger effect with 2 copies. But it also depends on the genes of the other bird(s) in the mix.

Australorps are Extended Black which is also a dominant gene. Extended Black is dominant over Columbian, & many other genes.

So, Australorp Hen X Delaware Roo = 100% Barred, Black offspring.

They plus any other breed will produce 50%(Maybe. I'm bad at percentages), Barred Offspring.
Sex links if a solid Male breeds with a Barred hen though.

The chicks may resemble a Barred rock in coloration.

Back
Top Bottom