This chicken does not look like a chicken.....

Try Dorkings. They look like chipmonks. Here is picture:

1604551460576.png

This thread is getting confusing.
This one?
https://hoovershatchery.com/eggproductionpack.html
If it's that one, then they've included a breed that wasn't listed in the description.

A picture of the feet could help, and a picture of the front of the face, looking straight at the chick.

It's hard to tell comb type on little chicks, but if we can figure out the comb type it could really help. Many of the stripey ones have single combs, but some have pea combs and a few with rose combs-- so we could cut the options about in half just by figuring out whether it has a single comb or something else.

A front view of the face could also show more clearly whether the chick has a beard (at this age, makes the face look fatter than most other chicks.)

You say you have three of these, so there is also a chance that they are not all the same breed as each other, just to make it more complicated ;)
It's hard to tell what kind of combs (because they're so tiny), but I definitely see dark legs, and I think I'm seeing extra-fluffy faces.

I think they're most likely to be what Hoover calls "Americanas."

But they could perhaps be any of these:
Prairie Bluebell Egger
Starlight Green Egger
Olive Egger

The dark legs pretty much rule out all the striped-chick breeds that would lay white or brown eggs, so I think you will probably get blue or green eggs when these ones grow up. It might not be possible to tell exactly which of the "breeds" your chicks are, because all of those come from a mix of various breeds, and have a variety of feather colors and other features.

Any of these kinds of chickens can be called "Easter Eggers," because that is a general term for chickens that lay blue or green eggs but don't belong to a particular breed.

(One breed of chicken is called "Ameraucana," but that's not what Hoover is selling as "Americana." You can see that they changed the spelling a little bit ;) )
I do agree.
Definitely seeing puffy cheeks.

Back
Top Bottom