This chicken got me totally confused and I feel like a dummy..lol

RmB

In the Brooder
Aug 8, 2017
Rooster right? Please tell me this is a rooster..'He' is acting like a hen. squatting and everything. and I swear 'he' laid an egg today
DSCN8999.JPG
DSCN9014.JPG
DSCN9020.JPG
his morning.

Pullet. Just looks like a large combed breed, which gives it a kind of rooster look. However there is no sickle on the rump, and the tail feathers don’t droop like a roosters would. Happy eggs!

by the way, what breed is she? Columbian rock? I have three columbian rock hens and they are friendly and so sweet. My rooster can be mean though, I think that’s because they are quite fearless.
Glad to help! Hey, everyone has to start somewhere.

Pullet. Just looks like a large combed breed, which gives it a kind of rooster look. However there is no sickle on the rump, and the tail feathers don’t droop like a roosters would. Happy eggs!
That's why I am confused. The guy said yes, that's your young rooster. and when the comb and waddles started to come out..well..we just assumed it was a he. But no crowing (I thinking he just a good boy) talks like my other hens and today 'he' laid an egg..humph lol

by the way, what breed is she? Columbian rock? I have three columbian rock hens and they are friendly and so sweet. My rooster can be mean though, I think that’s because they are quite fearless.
Glad to help! Hey, everyone has to start somewhere.
Yes Columbian Rock. Now I feel bad for calling her ACE..I googled and looked at the pics, and thought for sure it was a rooster. I didn't think hens had that big of combs..and bumps like spurs are starting to show..

Back
Top Bottom