This don't look like a chicken in my chicken coop

Discussion in 'Predators and Pests' started by vickie2133, Jan 18, 2012.

1. vickie2133

vickie2133 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 30, 2009
    Corbin
    It was pouring the rain and I guess since the chicken coop door was open, it looked like shelter from the storm. Needless to say I am surprised. I have had 4 ducks missing over the last couple of weeks, but coyotoes are so bad in my area that I can't swear it was this dog. It is so underweight, it is surprising the coyotes didnt' get it. It knows commands and all, trying to get it feed now and in a kennel till I can find its owner or a new owner, wish me luck.
    [​IMG]

2. canesisters

canesisters Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 18, 2011
    Virginia
    Awww... poor baby. [​IMG]
    I assume that there was no damage or loss to anyone who SHOULD've been in the coop.. [​IMG] How big is he? Looks like a dobie.

3. CupOJoe42

CupOJoe42 CT Chicken Whisperer

Apr 11, 2011
    Looks like a sweet, neglected doberman. No tags? Maybe you can have a vet scan for a microchip?

4. vickie2133

Jan 30, 2009
    Corbin
    The chickens were mostly out of the coop, and he wasn't bothering the ones that happen to be in there wanting to lay. They just got on a high roost. I never saw any other problems. I had seen it out there before but I had just shot in the air. I didnt' know it was a sweet heart, I hate seeing anything in this shape.

5. vickie2133

Jan 30, 2009
    Corbin
    It has no tags, color or anything. I just caught it yesterday, I'm going to call a vet and see what it costs for a scan. This dog is really large, bigger than some of my miniture horses. I dont' want to move it around too much, just trying to get it feed and put some weight back on it, you can count all its ribs and its poor hip bonesstick out. It wouldnt' have made it too long on its own. I think it is either lost or something, this has been a ezpensive dog. It knows some commands and actually came when I called with alittle coazing, and sit when I asked it to , so I could put a rope around its neck to get it out of the coop. It also walked right beside me, no tugging or anything. LOL this dog couldn have drug me thru the mus if it had wanted to. For some reason, I just dont' think anyone throwed it out. I have posted pics on facebook, ane ads on topix for our local area, and been checking on craigslist.

6. CupOJoe42

CupOJoe42 CT Chicken Whisperer

Apr 11, 2011
    If I was closer, and if no one claims him, I would adopt him!!! I love dobermans!

7. ramirezframing

ramirezframing Overrun With Chickens

Mar 2, 2011
    Knee Deep
    x2

8. snooptwomey

snooptwomey Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 26, 2011
    Newark, DE

x3 thats a beautiful dobie!

9. snooptwomey

snooptwomey Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 26, 2011
    Newark, DE
    If there is a local PetSmart with the Banfield animal hospital in it, they will scan them right there for you if you need, fast and free

10. Ole rooster

Ole rooster Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 25, 2011
    Milner, Georgia
    Where are you located? I see Corbin but Corbin what?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by