This don't look like a chicken in my chicken coop

vickie2133

Songster
10 Years
Jan 30, 2009
Corbin
It was pouring the rain and I guess since the chicken coop door was open, it looked like shelter from the storm. Needless to say I am surprised. I have had 4 ducks missing over the last couple of weeks, but coyotoes are so bad in my area that I can't swear it was this dog. It is so underweight, it is surprising the coyotes didnt' get it. It knows commands and all, trying to get it feed now and in a kennel till I can find its owner or a new owner, wish me luck.

Awww... poor baby.
hugs.gif

I assume that there was no damage or loss to anyone who SHOULD've been in the coop..
smile.png
How big is he? Looks like a dobie.

Looks like a sweet, neglected doberman. No tags? Maybe you can have a vet scan for a microchip?

The chickens were mostly out of the coop, and he wasn't bothering the ones that happen to be in there wanting to lay. They just got on a high roost. I never saw any other problems. I had seen it out there before but I had just shot in the air. I didnt' know it was a sweet heart, I hate seeing anything in this shape.

It has no tags, color or anything. I just caught it yesterday, I'm going to call a vet and see what it costs for a scan. This dog is really large, bigger than some of my miniture horses. I dont' want to move it around too much, just trying to get it feed and put some weight back on it, you can count all its ribs and its poor hip bonesstick out. It wouldnt' have made it too long on its own. I think it is either lost or something, this has been a ezpensive dog. It knows some commands and actually came when I called with alittle coazing, and sit when I asked it to , so I could put a rope around its neck to get it out of the coop. It also walked right beside me, no tugging or anything. LOL this dog couldn have drug me thru the mus if it had wanted to. For some reason, I just dont' think anyone throwed it out. I have posted pics on facebook, ane ads on topix for our local area, and been checking on craigslist.

Back
Top Bottom