This don't look like a chicken in my chicken coop

I live in a small town no pet smart. I am going to call the two vet offices we have and see if anyone has lost it. and check on the scanning. I am also checking to see if our qanimal shelter does it. Boy that dog likes to eat lol.

Doesn't look like current owner is caring for this poor boy. Is that a rope around its neck? Poor thing was probably tied in a yard and neglected. Good thing he was able to chew himself loose and come to you.

I'm guessing, with no collar or tags, the poor thing was probably dumped. I'm glad he found his way into your coop, and not where someone else would just chase him away. Good luck finding him a home. (Or have you become attached enough by now to keep him yourself?
smile.png
)

Sometimes a dog will pick a new human if the old one was abusive. I was adopted by a wonderful dog a long time back, she was crazy smart, no chance she was lost. She followed me for two days while hiking and when I got back to my truck I looked at her and said"Do you want to come live with me?". The dog jumped straight in the bed and sat down behind the cab. I had her till she passed 9 years later, greatest friend I could have ever hoped for.

Just my take on it.

If it takes to you and you show it you love your birds, it may take on the role of flock protector, some do.

I would give the owner the benefit of the doubt....maybe the dog slipped it's collar and got lost, or it's collar got hung on a fence post when the dog freaked out in a thunderstorm, and has been unable to find food, or find it's way home. You never know. I would however, take the pictures down, let them know that you found the dog in the area, and ask any potential owners to discribe any distinguishing marks on the dog (ie-the real owner would know that it is not your typical black dobie, and that it's ears are not cropped, etc...and when they finally pass your questionaire, you will know by how the dog reacts to the person usually. A pure bred anything, especially if it's intact, will be readily claimed by unscrupulous people looking to make a quick buck.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom