This forum rules

Discussion in 'Peafowl' started by zazouse, Jul 29, 2014.

1. zazouse

zazouse Overrun With Chickens

Sep 7, 2009
    Southeast texas
    I wanted to thank all of you that participate and try to help each other in this forum, i had an incident yesterday evening with baby(not pea-chick) and i submitted a question on the forum and asked for some thoughts and perhaps advice, even though over 60 folks viewed the question within 12 hours only one person stepped up just to share their experience and no other posted on my topic, now this forum has a 1/3 more topics and about 1/3 more post and not one other person spoke up unlike our forum, so i am telling you all that this forum is the best on BYC when it comes to getting much needed help and support IMO
    [​IMG]
    My poor Annie she was so concerned about her ill baby, she was trying to eat the door frame to get to it, sadly it passed away from a snake bite witch i thought was the case in the first place.
    [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  2. casportpony

casportpony Team Tube Feeding Captain & Poop Inspector General Premium Member Project Manager

Jun 24, 2012
    My Coop
    So sorry for your loss! [​IMG]

-Kathy

3. new 2 pfowl

new 2 pfowl Overrun With Chickens

Jan 13, 2012
    Makara, Wellington, NZ
    Sorry about your baby! [​IMG]
    Did your guardian gang take care of the snake?

And I agree about this forum, it's the greatest.
    Thank you pea friends from me, too!!

4. casportpony

casportpony Team Tube Feeding Captain & Poop Inspector General Premium Member Project Manager

Jun 24, 2012
    My Coop
    We are a small group, but it does seem like we take care of each other better than some of the other groups that I've seen.

-Kathy

5. KsKingBee

KsKingBee Overrun With Chickens

So sorry to hear of your little pup. [​IMG]Loosing a pet can be very hard on a person. My XW lost a favorite dog and it was even harder on her than the loss of her mother in certain ways.

I have had a lot of dogs in my life, the last ones were Norwegian Elkhounds, what a wonderful breed. My last one was a rescue dog who was a finished champion, after they are done winning ribbons the show people have no further use for them. I lost Sport in 2003 and to this day I can not bring myself to get another dog even though I know we need a LGD here on the farm.

6. memphis

memphis Overrun With Chickens

Aug 6, 2012
    So sorry about your pup. Poor Annie. Your right about this forum. I don't have peas. But have been wanting them. So I checked in with this forum to learn about them well over a year ago! And boy have I learned a lot! And there really isn't another forum here that compares. Helpful....yes.....but also love how everyone maintains a sense of humor. And of course how everyone pulls together to help someone. BUT... The BEST is the photography! !

1 person likes this.
  7. casportpony

Jun 24, 2012
    My Coop
    I think it was a gosling that she lost, not a puppy.

-Kathy

8. zazouse

zazouse Overrun With Chickens

Sep 7, 2009
    Southeast texas
    It was a little gosling that got snake bit, i kinda figured it was but thought mabe someone had seen a snake bit victim sense geese love water but i guess no one was home [​IMG] to help me out and unlike this forum where at least someone will acknowledge you so you know someone will be here shortly.

Thank you for the condolences, i feel bad for the parents as i only let them sit a few eggs because i wanted to keep the numbers down and well i get 5 dollars each for them goose eggs also [​IMG] so now there is one gosling with 2 mommas and a dad.
    they are such wonderful parents, if every person in the world had parents like this our world would be perfect IMO [​IMG]

9. KsKingBee

KsKingBee Overrun With Chickens

...not a puppy?.....[​IMG]

10. MinxFox

MinxFox Overrun With Chickens

Sep 16, 2010
    Pensacola, FL
    Zaz sorry about your gosling. [​IMG] You would think someone would have a similar issue. I asked my dad if he knew of any remedies... He doesn't know. He has had to deal with his dogs being bit by snakes when they were out coon hunting but he isn't sure about birds.
    I agree there is definitely a reason why I love BYC's peafowl section and keep coming back here. Sometimes I get busy and don't feel like being on my computer (I like having breaks from technology) but I always hate missing what goes on here.

Not to pick on Birdrain, but that huge topic about sexing peafowl goes to show the dedication of members on here. We spent so much time in that topic teaching. Sure it might have seemed like arguing at times, but I think it was a good topic. A lot of topics on here get some good information even when the topic is something that is repeated 100's of times. For such a small group of pea-ple on Backyard Chickens I think everyone on here does a good job. [​IMG]

4 people like this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by