This, guys, is an absolute steal ......

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by twigg, Feb 25, 2009.

1. twigg

twigg Cooped up

Mar 2, 2008
    Tulsa
    At this price, who needs styrofoam, when you can have the best, including proportional heating control, for less:

http://www.brinsea.com/detail.aspx?ID=224

I have no connection whatsoever with this company.

2. chickedydoodaa

chickedydoodaa Taking a break

Feb 8, 2009
    Philadelphia PA
    you have to buy the turner separate for $50, otherwise $99 would have been robbery!

3. HappyHatch'en

HappyHatch'en Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 31, 2009
    GEORGIA
    I believe it is a bargain, even after adding the turner, it's cheap and still a steal at $150.00. This company brinsea from what I have read is a big player in the chicken incubation industry....manufacturing large units as well as funding research re: incubation. I'm sure making these little incubators provides little profit to their over-all business.
    Lets compare: brinsea vs. Hova-Bator 1583 Picture Window
    Hard molded Plastic Is a + Plus ...IMO
    Molded Styrofoam Is a - Negative ...IMO

brinsea $99.00 + Turner $50.00 = $149.00 + Shipping
    GQF $97.98 + Turner $45.98 = $143.96 + Shipping
    They both will hatch an egg ....so that's a push

mmmmm when the user is not using the Hova-Bator, most people keep the original shipping box and store the unit in it. Makes sense, because it protects it from accidentally from being crushed. Same thing could be said about the brinsea, but you would need more force to break it.....brinsea because of it's size can be stored easily and safely.
    Folks...there are Fords and Chevy's....isn't it nice to have a choice?

I too, have no connection with any incubating company.
    BYC is the only place we all start off the race being an EGG!
    HappyHatch'en

4. KYBOY

KYBOY Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 8, 2008
    Eastern,Kentucky
    The cheapest I found my 1588 turner was for about $165 at Cutlers..If a person didnt have many eggs to hatch that would be a great way to go.Brinsea is a quality unit [​IMG]

5. deerman

deerman Rest in Peace 1949-2012

Aug 24, 2008
    Southern Ohio
    My 2 cents worth, the Brinsea, lot better easy to clean, bet it will last alot longer. Try cleaning those styroform , wrong cleaner will eat the styroform.

6. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

It only holds 24 eggs.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2009
  7. cluckychick

cluckychick Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 29, 2008
    South of KCMO
    24 hen eggs capacity but suitable for a wide range of egg sizes (adjustable dividers)

But if you already have a hova and you buy this great deal just think of your hatching abilities then [​IMG]

8. Rusty Hills Farm

Rusty Hills Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 3, 2008
    Up at the barn
    I've got a homemade bator that cost me about $30 to make, holds 40+ eggs at a time, and is cheap enough that I can toss the styrofoam part at the end of each season. True, I do turn eggs by hand, but the difference in price makes it a whole lot easier not to mind the tiny bit of extra effort. I regularly get 100% hatches on my own eggs. Why spend big bucks when you don't have to? The incubation process really is not that complicated once you've done it a time or 2.

Rusty

9. shelleyd2008

shelleyd2008 the bird is the word

Sep 14, 2008
    Adair Co., KY
    Quote:My thoughts exactly!! [​IMG]

10. twigg

twigg Cooped up

Mar 2, 2008
    Tulsa
    Quote:Not really a fair comparasion.

Not everyone can, or wants to make their own. Hovabator sells incubators by the tens of thousands.

Brinsea normally sells this unit for about $300, with a few added bells and whistles.

This offer brings the quality and reliabilty of the Brinsea incubators, at a price that is less than the Genesis.

In incubator terms, it's the bargain of the year.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by