This, guys, is an absolute steal ......

It's not a bargain tho if a person routinely hatches more than 24 eggs at a time. I'd have to spend lots more to get the same capacity in turners that I've got with my hovabators.

Wow, that is a great price! Considering what I paid for mine a couple of years ago!!! I could have almost bought a Dickey for what I paid for mine.
I did email them to see if the turner for the eco was compatible with the older oct. 20 and she said it wasn't. The arms are too long. Too bad
sad.png

Still a great price though! They are super tough machines.

Quote:
Yeah .... I paid about the equivalent of $275 for mine, in about 2000.

It's still the best incubator I have owned, and I regret leaving it in the UK.

I have had no problems at all with my Hova 1588,and it has been running non-stop since January. I can't remember it not being full, which is much more than 24 eggs....I cant remember how many the turner holds, but Ive even double decked the eggs for a few days. I like my Hova just fine. Im sure the Brinsea is a great model, but its holding only 24 eggs is a big drawback for me.

Quote:
This was never a thread that suggested that the Brinsea was anything other than a very good price.

Particularly it is a good deal for newbies who, on average, would probably find a 24 egg incubator more than enough for their needs.

Many people are running Hovas well under capacity, and for those people the Brinsea would be a better choice.

It is just a superior product brought down to a price that is in the reach of many more people.

By the way, if I were regularly running a Hova at capacity, I would be saving for the Octagon 40 which, while expensive, is better in just about every way I can think of.

Hova and LG have their place. I never suggested that they aren't capable of excellent results. But they are hard to use, esp. for the novices, and the better Hovas are not particularly cheap any more.

I have two 1588's and like them very well, now that being said...
Brinsea is used by parrot and reptile breeders for a reason..They are one of the best, period..Now for a incubator/turner of that caliber, $149 is flat steal. (egg capacity aside)

Brinsea incubators are the best. We had a power outage last summer, I had both my Octagon 20 and my Genesis full of eggs. I lost 50% of the eggs in the Genesis. 11 out of 12 in the Octagon hatched.

ETA Manual turning with an Octagon is nothing like the tedious job it is with a styrofoam incubator. Because it's octagonal, all you have to do is roll the entire unit onto the next side three times a day (ie, tilt to the right, back to the middle, then to the left). It doesn't even take 5 seconds to do!

They are also a great company to deal with.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom