This has to be a rooster, right?

Hubby is happy. He has been dying to name a chicken "Spock". Hopefully he will not be too agressive with 26 girls to keep him in check!

I guess roosters are bolder...I never had a pullet that would sit with me on the coach without cry babying or fly onto the dogs head either! (The dog does love chickens...)

"Up I go."

"That's some good scratching".

That is precious! One of my dogs was overly curious about my chicks so I made him lay down, put all 7 chicks on his back and made him look at me, he wasn't even allowed to turn around and look at them. Then I took a photo, the look on his face is, "Mom. I HATE you!" That was how he learned that chickens were serious business and he wasn't allowed to mess with them. He is still very curious when I bring them in the house but luckily my Birchin Cochin Bantam, Poe, will peck him on the face if he gets up in her business and she doesn't like it. It keeps him wary of all the birds
smile.png

:) Lyla too...the chicks walk all over her! It's official....Spock started crowing a week ago. At first I thought the cat had grabbed a peep through the cage because the crowing was more like a choking sound! But now Spock makes a crow like noise morning and night, like clockwork, three crows. Funniest is that the maran hens (who are much bigger) stomp on him on the third crow.....every time!

Back
Top Bottom