this is a color question not sure where to put it though!!!!!

GEORGE

In the Brooder
12 Years
Apr 5, 2007
crawfordsville
ok does any one have helpful hints on telling a partride cochin bantam from a wheaton this is just color wise i know i have a cochin bantam and am cunfused on color i have looked at a lot of pics and can not tell or maybe mine is just a bad bird!!!!! THAT IS WHAT I WAS TOLD BY 4-H LEADER:(!!!!!! sorry i can not get my photobucket to work or i would post a pic but if you really want to see i can email any one interested!!!!

PARTCOCH.jpg

PartridgeWyandotte.jpg
Partridge

Hmmmmm I could not find a pic of a Wheaton Cochin (is this color an accepted standard for Cochins?).... but the hens in other breeds appear to be mostly a light buff kind of color with few markings.

Last edited:
i found the color of wheaton cochin in feather site and i guess i do not know if it is a recognize color for the breed but he is more one solid shade of red with the black i mean neck and tail hackles are the same color and there is not a diff like i see in the partridge!!!i will have a good pic to put on here to night thank you for your help

ok i am tring to get a pic on here but am having trouble with camera i am still tring so please bare with me!!!!! did you go to feather site and look???? I think that the red and blk one looks a lot like the wheaton? or is it just my untrained eye? I just do not want to have a surprise when we get to the fair and have to listen to my mom saying hahaha i told you so because it will break my daughters heart!!! this is her first year and has REALLY TRIED TO LEARN COLORS AND BREEDS but my mom still thinks she knows it ALL.

Ok... I see them there.....

Looks like the Partridge have other colors in their wings besides the blue/black color. But I am unfamiliar with the wheaton color variety. You would have to post a pic for people to see in order to determine if it's Partridge, Wheaton or maybe even Red/Black.

OK I FINALLY GOT THE CAMERA TO DOWNLOAD 9 it does help if you use the right cord!!!!!)

What i am tring to find out here is what color is this chicken is he a partridge or a wheaton? He is a Bantam Cochin. Also brought up earlier was is a wheaton a recognized color for him? My daughter is wanting to show him in 4-h. There are pics on FEATHER SITE but not sure they are helping me any. If anyone has input let me know color or any thing else that you may see ......... THANK YOU
Picture094.jpg

Picture093.jpg

Picture090.jpg

I believe a wheaten is going to have a solid black breast, no shading or penciling. That is what the wheaten ameraucana has.

I think he is partridge.

Back
Top Bottom