This is a dumb fear.

Quote:
That also sounds like me. In the summer I just use a light sheet. I can have an arm over the bed, though. Don't you know the monsters go for your toes?

barnie.gif
NOW you tell me!!! Ahhhhh!

Quote:
That also sounds like me. In the summer I just use a light sheet. I can have an arm over the bed, though. Don't you know the monsters go for your toes?

barnie.gif
NOW you tell me!!! Ahhhhh!

I'm just trying to keep you safe! You're lucky, ya know.

Honest advice? While it is certainly true that sometimes things happen,
do what you can to protect yourself.

The windows in our home are seldom open. Closed and locked unless we're
airing the house, in which case we're home.

Doors are locked. Back door 100% of the time.

Little simple alarms if they open.

Big dog ouside. Hard to sneak up on.

Well lit yard even at night.

Nothing big enough to hide behind allowed to be near the house.

Eenie...I live behind a wall. Alarms, and armed. You don't have to live
behind the wall. But keep your doors and windows locked. Including your
car doors. garage doors. And do keep bushes and such down that they cannot
be hidden behind. Nightlights are a must for me.

Quote:
I don't have many obsessive-compulsive behaviors ANY MORE. All mine now revolve around punctuation, grammar, sentence construction, misspellings, and the like. The other things gradually petered out, becoming less and less important until they had NO importance whatsoever.

I still jump when a spider drops down out of the stratosphere onto me or near me. A snake can startle me if I don't see it before it moves. I think those are pretty normal reactions.

But as for repetitive or obsessive compulsions, naaah. I can't even reliably put my keys where I decided I should deliberately put them so I won't lose them. Or close a drawer. I do close cabinet cupboard doors, though. Just once. I also always put down the toilet seat. I seldom make my bed.

I live alone. Too many things used to bother me; now, not a whole lot gets on my nerves. Well, people....
lol.png
Especially those who advertise with the possessive use of the apostrophe instead of the plural form of the object.

No fear is dumb! My DH is afraid of the dark, but will not admitt it. But you had better have the light on even if its not quite dark. It's just him, I will always make sure he has a light! AND will never say anything about it.

Quote:
My dad does the same thing with money. He used to ask my mom to iron it if it was too wrinkly.
roll.png

I can't pull the plug in the bathtub until I get out. I think it has something to do with watching the movie "The Blob" when I was a kid.
hmm.png
I also have a paralyzing fear of grasshoppers.
hide.gif

I moved an aquarium yesterday...the client paid me in ALL ONES....Hundreds of dollars worth of ones.
hmm.png
Guess what I did most of the night last night?

eenie,

Send the serial killers over to my house.
They are welcome to my shower, especially if they'll clean it.
I don't worry about too many things.

Imp

Back
Top Bottom