This is a fertile egg, no?

ninjapoodles

Sees What You Did There
11 Years
May 24, 2008
Central Arkansas
2837784403_66cd91c2e7_o.jpg

Or did I get it backward?

That what it looks like to me. I think I see a bullseye.

My question is I had a definite bullseye on one of my chicken eggs...only I don't think I have any roos. I am now looking at each of my pullets again and even questioned my male duck. I am just a little confused and yet intrigued. LOL

You will have to do some research but there can be a self-fertile egg from hens. They never develop to a hatchable chick but it can and does happen.

We learned about on the Discovery channel on a dinosaur program. hens never exposed to a rooster can lay eggs that are fertile and can begin to develop when incubated but they die before ever getting to a hatch state. Fascinating stuff learned about dinosaurs by studying chickens and their eggs.

Wow. Learned something new today. My family always thought that chickens look like little fluffy dinosaurs and we knew that there was a link between them. At least I can relax about my pullets...I was watching really close to see exactly which one was laying. We had two that we thought could be a roo...The first one layed an egg...knocked her off the list...the second is a BLRW. We are still waiting for an official answer. We have two that are 15 weeks old; one has large wattles and no comb. The two look exactly alike with the exception of wattles and the one with wattles is slightly larger. Other than that there is nothing that would say it was a roo. So we will wait and see or hear.

Back
Top Bottom