This is a good idea...

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by treldib, Dec 13, 2010.

1. chicks4kids

chicks4kids Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 22, 2009
    Northern Indiana
    That is so funny!! My hubby does that with our cats and dog w/the laser!! It's hilarious no matter how many times you see it!!

2. Amiga

Amiga Overrun with Runners Premium Member

Jan 3, 2010
    Southern New England
    Give those quackers a good workout! Just don't hit'em in the eye!

3. katharinad

katharinad Overrun with chickens

My husband started to watch and then said: "What 5 minutes of ducks chasing the dot. You've gotta be kidding." Then he left the room. Well did he miss out. The second half was more funny. A duck falling over, another one bitting the other duck's tail trying to get the dot, anther one biting its own tail, and then the team effort on on tail including the duck owning it. Had a blast. Got to get myself a new pointer. The old one got used to much with the crazy cat.

4. shelleyd2008

shelleyd2008 the bird is the word

Sep 14, 2008
    Adair Co., KY
    Those poor birds! I hope the person running the laser was nice enough to give them a treat after all that hard work for nothing [​IMG]

5. KansasKid

KansasKid Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 7, 2010
    South East Kansas
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] thanks for sharing that. Makes me want to go and buy a laser pointer.

6. desertdarlene

desertdarlene Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 4, 2010
    San Diego
    Ha ha ha ha! They think it's a bug, yum yum, but sure can't catch it. I'm amazed that ducks will focus on one thing for that long.

ETA: Yeah, second part was really funny, especially when he started to point the light on the ducks and they were pecking at it.

Last edited: Dec 13, 2010
  7. jessylee

jessylee Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 11, 2010
    Olympia
    They think it is the fastest bug in the world hehehe Too funny:lol: I gotta try this!

8. duckyfromoz

duckyfromoz Quackaholic

Jan 11, 2010
    Australia
    A torch on the side of a brooder wall is just as good with little ones as well!! So cute..thanks so much treldib ..just the entertainment I needed after work today [​IMG]

I wonder if other coloured lasers would work just as well??

9. PineappleMama

PineappleMama Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:That one gave me a [​IMG] until I remembered that outside the US many folks call a flashlight a torch. [​IMG]

Chasing the pointer works on human babies too... not that I would do such a thing... ahem,... it was a friend of a friend's cousin's boyfriend's mom's coworker... yeah...

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by