This is all your fault MissPrissy!!!

Quote:
You just gotta share the info on where to get this bacon, Its not that long a drive from Douglasville to Carrollton, and I'd love some fresh bacon!

If you are fortunate enough to live where you can buy this:
Conecuh

hot-spcy.jpg

Then you are blessed indeed.

Or............you could celebrate St pats day like my wife does for me:

geah.jpg

Well, guess what we will have this weekend when we pick up all our bacon and hams from the packing house? We took our pigs there less than two weeks ago and have already picked up all but the cured/smoked parts. First night we had sausage gravy and biscuits for supper! Oh, it was sooooo good. Only took us five months to feed out those pigs. We split one hog up between four of our daughters...they don't have freezers and didn't want much. I am thinking they will rethink this by next spring.
wink.png

Quote:
And you haven't told me about this place????? You so know it is well within driving distance for me to go there.....
lau.gif

Miss Prissy, I was thinking you got your piglets right after I did? We thought they were about 250 pounds but turned out they were 189 and 200 but they were becoming escape artists from their pen. Meat is wonderful!!!

I will be getting more bacon soon! Madison (my 4 year-old) cried when she got up this morning and realized that she wasn't going to be getting bacon and eggs for breakfast.
roll.png
We don't normally eat this way, so I can't do this to often. My poor DH would have to go on cholesterol medication. We try hard to avoid that by eating right and with herbal and vitamin supplements, so we will only be doing this when he is at the fire dept.
smile.png

I didn't see this thread until this morning but I made the same big breakfast yesterday.
The kids were ecstatic, its nice to be able to do when they are all home for it.
But it is so time consuming to cook enough for 7 kids and my husband.
Its different when you throw in a pot roast or lasagna but when you have to stand there flipping a couple dozen pancakes and a couple dozen eggs while cooking a couple pounds of bacon, it makes it so you can't do it as often as you want.
I make homefries too and that is a pain, but so worth it.
My son's friend was over for breakfast as well and he seemed a little freaked out about the eggs coming straight from the coop to the frying pan and then to his plate.
Seriously, I sent my 6 year old out to gather some more eggs from the coop while I was cooking, he came in and I cracked them into the pan, the kid seemed really uneasy.
I tried to talk to him about it but he seemed embarrassed by his uneasiness.
Its really weird for some people, even if they love eggs they don't want them from your coop.
But its perfectly acceptable from the store. Strange.

Quote:
It's always funny when people are given a reality check as to what they are eating!
lol.png
I have to admit that I was a little unsure of the eggs coming straight from my coop to my kitchen at first as well, but it took eating them fresh one time and we were all hooked!
tongue.png

Back
Top Bottom