1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

This is cool...BLIND TINY

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Southern28Chick, Mar 14, 2008.

1. Southern28Chick

Southern28Chick Flew The Coop

Apr 16, 2007
    Lt Colonel Bok Bok (my roo) crows a lot in the morning. BUT my blind hen (Blind Tiny) Boks LOUD when the sun goes down. I'm going to try to get video of it one night.

For the last couple of months she's started boking REALLY loud as the sun goes down. She lays her egg in the morning and doesn't make a sound, even though the other hens bok after they lay. She only boks at sun down.

We noticed a while ago that she can see a bit of light and nothing else. She would look up at the sun and she recognizes a light from a flash light at night.

I'm going to watch out for her boking at night a post a video soon.

I love her, she's so amazing. I never thought I'd be so attached to a chicken but she's been my heart since the day she came into my life.

Here's some pics:
    [​IMG]
    Tiny's house, blind chicken safe:
    [​IMG]
    Older video of Blind Tiny:
    http://s177.photobucket.com/albums/w236/southern28chick/?action=view&current=MOV01011.flv

NOTE: Blind tiny was born blind. https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=5288
    Do
    a search for Blind Tiny to see all her threads.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2008
  2. Scrambled Egg

Scrambled Egg Flock Mistress

Aug 29, 2007
    Fayetteville, NC
    Do you think she's lonely by herself? How would she do with another hen in that nice pen with her? [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 14, 2008
  3. jjthink

jjthink Overrun With Chickens

Jan 17, 2007
    New Jersey
    No doubt Blind Tiny can feel that love! She's pretty and looks WISE!
    JJ

4. Southern28Chick

Apr 16, 2007
    Quote:The other hens pick on her BAD. They've drawn blood! I need a nice silkie or polish. I'm thinking of raising a couple of silkie chicks with her this spring. She doesn't act lonely but I can't tell what goes on in her beautiful lil mind. [​IMG]

5. Stormhorse23

Stormhorse23 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 22, 2007
    Indiana
    [​IMG]
    She is absolutely stunning!!!
    I love barred rocks

6. Southern28Chick

Apr 16, 2007
    Quote:Like I said...she is my heart. I thought she would die when she was a bay because she couldn't find food and I did everything I could think of to help her. She and the rest of my girls will be 1 year old the end of April and I'm so happy I have them. What a convesation starter..."I raise chickens". I get the strangest looks sometimes. [​IMG]

7. Southern28Chick

Apr 16, 2007
    absolutely stunning

WAIT...you want stunning check her out!!!
    [​IMG]

SUPER MODEL CHICKEN!!! That's what she is!!!​

8. ruth

ruth Life is a Journey

Jul 8, 2007
    Woodville, MS
    I bet she would be a great mama if you gave her a baby chick or two. If they grow up thinking she's their mama, they won't pick on her and she could get some company.

9. Stormhorse23

Stormhorse23 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 22, 2007
    Indiana
    You should build her a little runway!!! [​IMG]

10. CarriBrown

CarriBrown Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Wow! She's almost a year? I can't believe it's been that long already. I've said this a million times but I'll say it again- She looks GREAT and she is so lucky to have you! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by