This is cool...BLIND TINY

Southern28Chick

Flew The Coop
12 Years
Apr 16, 2007
Lt Colonel Bok Bok (my roo) crows a lot in the morning. BUT my blind hen (Blind Tiny) Boks LOUD when the sun goes down. I'm going to try to get video of it one night.

For the last couple of months she's started boking REALLY loud as the sun goes down. She lays her egg in the morning and doesn't make a sound, even though the other hens bok after they lay. She only boks at sun down.

We noticed a while ago that she can see a bit of light and nothing else. She would look up at the sun and she recognizes a light from a flash light at night.

I'm going to watch out for her boking at night a post a video soon.

I love her, she's so amazing. I never thought I'd be so attached to a chicken but she's been my heart since the day she came into my life.

Here's some pics:
DSC01014.jpg

Tiny's house, blind chicken safe:
tinyinhouse.jpg

Older video of Blind Tiny:
http://s177.photobucket.com/albums/w236/southern28chick/?action=view&current=MOV01011.flv

NOTE: Blind tiny was born blind. https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=5288
Do
a search for Blind Tiny to see all her threads.

Last edited:
Quote:
The other hens pick on her BAD. They've drawn blood! I need a nice silkie or polish. I'm thinking of raising a couple of silkie chicks with her this spring. She doesn't act lonely but I can't tell what goes on in her beautiful lil mind.
smile.png

Quote:
Like I said...she is my heart. I thought she would die when she was a bay because she couldn't find food and I did everything I could think of to help her. She and the rest of my girls will be 1 year old the end of April and I'm so happy I have them. What a convesation starter..."I raise chickens". I get the strangest looks sometimes.
gig.gif

absolutely stunning

WAIT...you want stunning check her out!!!
DSC01007.jpg

SUPER MODEL CHICKEN!!! That's what she is!!!​

I bet she would be a great mama if you gave her a baby chick or two. If they grow up thinking she's their mama, they won't pick on her and she could get some company.

Back
Top Bottom