This is driving me crazy!!!

wohneli

Songster
11 Years
Oct 6, 2008
Gainesville
My girls (2 each of EE, BR, BO, RIR) have not started to lay yet. They are free range, get plenty of layed feed & oyster shells. They get yogurt, cottage cheese and other treats regularly. All of them are 22 weeks old tomorrow and I haven't seen one eggs yet.
UGGGGGGGGGG!!!!

could take up to 5 to 6 months before they start to lay...also check where they freerange..they could be laying eggs all over the yard and under stuff...good luck

Last edited:
Start collecting egg recipes, they should begin soon. Many of mine begin closer to 24 weeks than 20.

But certainly also start looking around the yard, they may already be laying in their secret hideout. I keep my chickens in their pen until about 2 PM so they'll all lay in the nest boxes in their coop, and then they're allowed out for recess.

Mine hatched Feb. 11th this year and i got my first egg today. Be patient and start watching where you step in the coop. My first egg was right in the middle of the coop floor. Good Luck

This is to reassure you, not to discourage you: my girls started laying at 6 (BSL) & 7 (RIR, BR) months. When you start to see squatting behavior, you'll know that eggs will come soon.

Back
Top Bottom