This Is For Everyone Who Wants To Know The Gender Of Their Chicks!

yes i am new to chickens. the lady who originally told me this heard it from an old farmer. the lady uses it on her 50+ chickens she has and she too has never made a mistake. since she is in the egg business she only keeps hens and sells the roosters as chicks to people who want them for their meat. she ALWAYS has hens and the people who buy the roosters chicks from her ALWAYS has roosters. this proves that it works. science and facts cant prove a lot of things in this world.

by the way maybe i didnt describe the holding of the chick process detailed enough because i am sure that it doesnt hurt the chick. i asked the lady if she thought it hurt the chicks and she said no but that recently she has been holding her other hand underneath the " butt " of the chicken so it supports the chick without damaging the chicks neck. you can hold it with 2 hands to reduce the strain it puts on the chicks neck and still get 100% results as long as you dont interfere with the legs dangling.

yes I am new to chickens. BUT the people i talk to arent... YES i believe that people that hurt animals should be punished severely. THE WAY I DO IT IS NOT HURTING THE ANIMAL WHATSOEVER!!!!

Thank you for posting information that you found interesting. I would just check a few more sources and be a little more detailed next time:)

No reason for anyone to get defensive OR offensive yall, keep it in mind.
Just My 1 cent opinion:)

i like your 1 cent opinion trailgurl. i am not trying to be defensive. i just really like to be right:oops:....... i especially got mad whenever everyone thinks i am trying to hoodwink them with this trick. if it didnt work i would have posted it

I will just stick to vent sexing.
tongue.png

I think most people on BYC are trying to help when posting things.
smile.png

I have ALOT of swaps here in my area and I'll tell you what folks do here!
I see it ALLLLLL the time and people SWEAR by it. Do I? NO but I'll post it anyway.

They pick up the chick with one hand around the body and hold it belly side up in their hand.
Supposively, one leg in, one leg out is a roo and both legs held in and against the body is a pullet.
If you want a way to do it w/o harming them, this sounds a bit more gentle.

I can't see how it would make a bit of difference, and still people do it. I guess they figure what the heck?

I would love it if someone had stats on it and could provide the feedback, just for fun.

I certainly don't have the time, but maybe someone else does.
lol.png

Quote:
I predict it's only a matter of time before you're on here asking for help because of neck issues with any chicks you try this on.

No matter what she told you it's highly doubtful that she always has 100% with this method.
roll.png

Quote:
Cowgirl.... I know you're a young person new to chickens too. I hatch out 100-200+ chicks every year and have for a pretty long time. You'll find as you continue to hatch your ratio is going to change from year to year and hatch to hatch. If the temp thing worked to get more pullets the hatcheries would have been doing it and then they wouldn't have to deal with all the roosters they have to cull.

I don't think telling someone that the info that they are posting as fact is not correct is being mean. Too many things are posted as fact on here when in fact they are only hogwash.

Katy makes a good point. If there were an easier way, the hatcheries who hatch millions of chicks every year would have been doing it long before you heard about it. Ive already tried dangling the chicks, and got some right and some wrong. It just doesnt work.

Back
Top Bottom