This Is For Everyone Who Wants To Know The Gender Of Their Chicks!

boykin2010

Crowing
12 Years
Sep 26, 2010
South Georgia
IF U WANT TO KNOW THE GENDER OF YOUR CHICKS FOLLOW THESE STEPS BELOW!

this trick does work because i use it myself... an old farmer once told me this. the trick works for any age of chicken.

1. pick up the chicken you want to know the gender of.
2. hold it with your hands around its head. ( dont actually hurt the chicken) hold it loose enough so that it can still make noises and the chicken isnt uncomfortable.
3. let both its feet dangle
4. if both the feet dangle and it doesnt put up a fight then it is a hen. the legs actually dont need to be straight one leg can be bent and one leg can be straight. as long as the legs arent flying around trying to kick you.
5. if the legs wont dangle and the legs try to spur you then it is a rooster.

this trick WORKS 100% OF THE TIME!!!

I just feel bad for everyone out there who wants to know the gender of their chicks.

This shows up about twice a year, I guess it was time for another round!
smile.png

I guarantee a success rate of approximately 50%. Picking up a chick by it's head and letting it dangle is a very good way to damage it's neck. This method is what's called an old wive's tale and has little to no credibility.

well you can say whatever you want to say about it. whether you like it or not.

dont hold it like you are ringing its neck! make your hand like a fist with a whole and slide the chickens neck in the whole. let the beak of the chicken rest on your hand so you wont hurt the chicken.

for people who are skeptics i want you to try this method then vent sex it and tell me if it was right. i have always had 100% success with mine. if you dont believe then dont do it but i am telling all the small chicken farmers out there who dont know how to vent sex or they dont want to get that " detailed in telling the gender" please try this method. it wont let you down and it has an awesome success rate. if you want pics i will have to do it with an adult hen because i dont have any chicks right now.

there is also another version of doing this same method except you hold the chicken by the scruff of its neck like a momma cat carrying a baby. but i dont know if it is as good as the method i just told you about.

So THIS is the secret of all those sexing teams at McMurray and all?!? And THIS is why so many chicks come with broken necks in the mail??
hmm.png

Back
Top Bottom