This Is For Everyone Who Wants To Know The Gender Of Their Chicks!

Quote:
Yep.

50% rate... it's official. Somebody make a poll on it! I wouldn't recommend doing this. So you know the gender. Well what's the point if you're going to have a hurt bird for the rest of their life, (IF they live), and just to know the gender? Hmm...
roll.png
Be careful.

Last edited:
Quote:
Yep.

50% rate... it's official. Somebody make a poll on it! I wouldn't recommend doing this. So you know the gender. Well what's the point if you're going to have a hurt bird for the rest of their life, (IF they live), and just to know the gender? Hmm...
roll.png
Be careful.

Statistically, I'd say 50%. But in reality, I'm pretty sure ALL chicks would struggle...

It would be easier to try it on a bunch of fully grown hens or roosters, and then see how accurate it is XD

Quote:
Honey Ranchhand has been hatching chickens for longer than you have probably been on this planet. That method is not 100%. Vent sexing is the best way and that is only 99% accurate.

Quote:
Yep, exactly what I thought.

And, the males don't "try and spur you" - They don't even understand the concept until MUCH later in life.

Quote:
lau.gif
gig.gif

Last edited:
Quote:
Me too.
hmm.png

Me three.

I will gladly wait until my chicks show signs, and that means months and months since I raise silkies.

Honestly, no matter how "gentle" you think you are being with them, holding them by the neck is considered animal abuse in my book.

Back
Top Bottom