This is fun! Here's me...

HappyDancin'

Songster
5 Years
Jul 3, 2018
Colorado
Hi!
I got really into typing this introduction, I had too much fun You'll really get to know me... IF you make it through the whole thing! Obviously, I can be pretty talkative...but pictures help...right?!

Speaking of "too much fun;" I've been having too much fun with chickens in general lately... I'm obsessed! Almost nine years later and I have a new-found love for them. Why? - Because I raised my own little baby chickies! The first eight years of my chicken-life I said I'd never do baby chicks (too time consuming, too messy, too blah blah blah) ...I had no idea! It's wonderful and I love it. I'm never going back (I used to only get already-laying hens).
20180627_220914.jpg

(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?

I first started with chickens when my dad gave me a coop and 6 hens for my birthday, the year I just bought my first very own home. I needed chickens to make my house a home! Thanks always, Dad! I have now had chickens for 8.5 years - I still have two of my very first birthday-gift-gals...oldies but goodies!
20180720_171042.jpg

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?

I have 7 hens, 10 four month olds, 2 five week olds (being raised by my broody silkie), 15 one-day olds, and eggs in the incubator.
20180719_062006.jpg

(3) What breeds do you have?

Buff & Lavender Orpingtons
Barred Rock
Easter Eggers
Sicilian Butter cup
Salmon Faverolle
Bantam & LF Cochin
Porcelain D'uccle
Silkies & Smooth Silkies
Ameraucana
White Leghorn
Cinnamon Queen
Sapphire Gem
Red Laced Wyandotte
Light Brahma
Frizzle
Barnyard Mix
+ eggs in the incubator!

20180720_153715.jpg

(4) How did you find out aboutBackYardChickens.com?

I'm constantly looking up all-things-chicken... Things you'd only find on a site this cool After referencing BYC soooo many times, I guess I'll just embrace it: "My name is Tasha, and I'm a "crazy chicken lady."
20180616_101858.jpg

(5) What are some of your other hobbies? (6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.
FB_IMG_1525648977932.jpg

I also greatly love my dogs, my mini-horse and my goaties. I have four and a half dogs, two Nigerian Dwarf goats, and a little Jellybean horse who measures 27 inches. I am in the market to get him a tiny girlfriend. Clearly, animals are a hobby of mine.
20180706_103041.jpg

I also dance. For joy! For a hobby and a living...
I have a dance studio in Colorado. We teach all types of ballroom and country dancing... I am also a competitive professional dancer, so I travel the country (& world, sometimes) to teach, compete, perform, and dance, dance, dance!
FB_IMG_1532129513856.jpg

Back
Top Bottom