This is Hattie. Is Hattie a Welsummer?

she definitely has some similarities.....Welsummers have a salmon breast but, I can't see her's in the picture. What color egg does she lay?
[/QUO
I got a better picture of her from the front....no more fairy eggs though so there's still a chance. 🤞

Attachments

• 20200924_180246.jpg
    20200924_180246.jpg
    601.7 KB · Views: 9
  • 20200924_180257.jpg
    20200924_180257.jpg
    537.2 KB · Views: 10
She looks like a Welsummer mix, her breast is quite red, not salmon and her wattles and comb are much larger than I'm used to seeing on Welsummers (I've had them from a few different hatcheries). She's a pretty lady for sure, looks sweet too :)

She looks like a Welsummer mix, her breast is quite red, not salmon and her wattles and comb are much larger than I'm used to seeing on Welsummers (I've had them from a few different hatcheries). She's a pretty lady for sure, looks sweet too :)
Thanks. I got her with 2 other chicks that were all "supposed" to be Speckled Sussex, none of them were. :rolleyes:. She is a very sweet girl though.

I agree here. She looks like she may have Welsummer in her but I don’t think she is full. She looks like she has partridge in her feathers but on her chest she has far more partridge than my welsummers typically have. I only see partridge on their back feathers and don’t have that lacing that comes down towards her chest. She is more of a red color all over and I’m used to seeing more brown tones on the back and salmon on the chest.

Back
Top Bottom