1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

This is my first day with BYC!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Boerne Bell, Aug 31, 2016.

1. Boerne Bell

Boerne Bell New Egg

Aug 30, 2016
    Hi my name is Boerne Bell and this is my first day on BYC. I've already posted a question!!(

1) I have only had chickens for 10 weeks and already had a problem which brought me to this site.

(2) I have 7 chickens, one rooster and 6 hens,

(3) I have all Buff Orpingtons which I got because of their so called docile personality! But have had a problem with that.

(4) When I had a hen that had an injured leg I got on the internet for some answers as to what to do. I was led to BYC and one of your members helped me a lot. My hen is up and walking again. That made me want to join so when I have any other issues I had a place to come for answers from other chicken lovers.

(5) I'm a senior citizen but a very active and busy one. I lead a Bible Class at my church, and I sew, quilt, am an avid reader, gardener, and many other things that keep me busy all the time!

(6) I am married and both me and my husband are retired but we are busier now that when we were working. I have 6 children and 8 grandchildren which keeps me busy too!!

I know I'll be here at this site a lot because I have so much to learn. Thanks for such a great site! Glad I found you!

2. Yorkshire Coop

Yorkshire Coop Moderator Staff Member

Aug 16, 2014
    Yorkshire, UK
    My Coop
    Hi :welcome

Glad you could join us here! I moved your other thread to the managing your flock section. I'm sure members there will be able to help you further, please do check out the link I left for you on there.
    It sure does sound like you are busier now you have retired!

Good luck and enjoy BYC :frow

3. QueenMisha

QueenMisha Queen of the Coop

Welcome to BYC! It's great to have you. Sounds like you have a very full, enjoyable life! I hope your new flock continues to add happiness to it.

4. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Greetings and :welcome. Happy you joined our flock. Best of luck to you and your flock! :)

5. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Welcome - hope you will enjoy Backyard chickens as much as we do.

6. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life Out of the Woods Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    Welcome to BYC! I'm glad you joined us! :)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by