This is not fair, Help save this Dogs Life SNOOPY

Should he be put down?

• Yes

Votes: 1 3.3%
  • No

Votes: 29 96.7%

• Total voters
This so so wrong. I did sign the petition and I will write a letter also. They are only doing this cause it was a pit and pits are one the aggressive list. I have 2 German Shepherds, also on the "list" While going for walks with them, we have encountered loose dogs, who like to start fights--my German Shepherds DO NOT like dogs they don't know. So many times I have had to divert there attention and quickly walk away or a fight would have broken out. Yes my dogs could easily hurt the dogs that started the fight. That man walking the Jack Russell should be in control of his dog. The pit was doing nothing wrong except enjoying a walk.

Here's a little more info on the story. Looks like it wasn't just the fight with Oscar that caused Snoopy to be declared dangerous in 2007. And because he was declared a "dangerous dog" it was illegal for his owner to be walking him without a muzzle.

http://www.cfnews13.com/article/new...-the-pit-bull-still-on-death-row-after-attack

Nevertheless, it is certainly unfair to Snoopy to be killed for defending himself and it appears from this article that he is going to be released.

http://www.cfnews13.com/article/new...ck-controversy,-Snoopy-could-soon-return-home

Both owners are AT fault!

Pit bull dog, Snoopy, was defending himself however he did not have a muzzle on....owner's fault.

JRT dog, MOST likely to provoke the attack, escaped from his owner while on leash...who let the leash go? His owner.

Let's shoot the owners instead of the dogs for their stupidity.

Let's say I am not fond of either breed but I look at the dogs themselves. Snoopy was declared dangerous, the owner now knows and he MUST do everything to keep the dog from biting anyone while going on public grounds. If that JRT came across Snoopy's owners property and Snoopy attacked, Snoopy is doing his job. How did he get the voliations in the first place in 2007, it only takes ONE TIME. Sure I've met alot of nice pits around here but you HAVE to be knowledgeable about the breed and their temperments. Not for beginners that is for sure...too many of them end up in shelters.

As for JRT, they attack anything and everything...they have a neurotic complex behavior against anything four legged and sometimes two legged species. Very active, high strung dogs but fiercely loyal to their owners. I would not want to own one of these dogs...too hyper.

Last edited:
Both owners are AT fault!

Pit bull dog, Snoopy, was defending himself however he did not have a muzzle on....owner's fault.

JRT dog, MOST likely to provoke the attack, escaped from his owner while on leash...who let the leash go? His owner.

Let's shoot the owners instead of the dogs for their stupidity.

Agreed! Most of the time, problems with dogs are the owner's fault, one way or another. It did say the owner of the JRT was cited for having a loose dog. So at least there's that.

I was not surprised at all to see that the small dog is a Jack Russell terrier. Jack Russells tend to be somewhat feisty.

My neighbor has had 2 different ones (the first was killed on the road) and both of them have come onto my property and taunt my dogs. I am concerned that one day my German Shepherds may decide that they are tired of it and go over the fence after her. Fortunately she has not not crossed my property to where my chickens are. I have no doubt that if she did harm my chickens she would not do it again ~ my neighbor would see to it himself.

I know of a Jack Russel that ATE a cat's TAIL! YES! It ATE the tail!!! Jack Russels are little yapper dogs that just attack innocent dogs. Why blame Snoopy? Snoop was innocent. Just because he is a larger breed, doesn't mean it was his fault. I'll ask my family if we can sign the petition.

Back
Top Bottom