This is so GROSS!!! What do I do?

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by skya328, Mar 18, 2009.

1. skya328

skya328 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 10, 2008
    Dallas, TX
    One of my four dogs eats dog poo. [​IMG] I've tried putting a muzzle on her and she still gets it. Is there a home remedy I could try? A friend of mine said to try meat tenderizer. Any suggestions?

2. Guitartists

Guitartists Resistance is futile

Mar 21, 2008
    Michigan
    Feed ALL 4 pineapple juice... it's supposed to deter them from wanting to eat the poop ( I have no idea if this works.... but I found it inline when trying to help my Gma with the same problem. They also sell products that will deter... but persistence and training sound to be the only real way to stop them)

Last edited: Mar 18, 2009
  3. Run-A-Muck Ranch

Run-A-Muck Ranch Chillin' With My Peeps

dogs are gonna eat poop...as gross as it is, they do it....

not sure how you could stop a dog from doing it...

Meat Tenderizer??? Does she mean on the poop or the dog.... [​IMG]

4. skya328

skya328 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 10, 2008
    Dallas, TX
    Quote:[​IMG] [​IMG]

5. greenfamilyfarms

greenfamilyfarms Big Pippin'

Feb 27, 2008
    Elizabethtown, NC
    Put hot sauce or hot peppers on it!

6. thegoogers

thegoogers Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 6, 2008
    Cleveland, TN
    Quote:Interesting info. I will have to try it. Our 6 month old great pyr has picked up this habbit - cannot train out - since he is loose on the property (7.5 acres) my other 2 dogs are inside dogs but go out to do their business. Nasty thing for them to do - then of course they want to come over and give you a kiss!! YUCK!!!

7. briana1975

briana1975 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 23, 2009
    Carleton Mi.
    Our dog did that too. Sometimes it is because they are lacking something in their diet. You can try adding an egg to their food 1 or 2 times a week and pineapple or pumpkin as treats or added to their food makes poop taste yucky to them. This worked well for our dog and he no longer eats his own poop any more. Now he eats rabbit, cat and bird poop instead. [​IMG] I don't know what to do about that. It is not as frequent as eating own poop though. He would poop and then turn around and eat it. At least with the other poop he has to find it first so now he is highly watched when he goes out and that helps.[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by